Houzz Logo Print
rockdale

Rhododendron Purple Gem /PJM?

Hi,

Can you help me ID these two Rhododendrons? Are the first two pictures "Purple Gem" and the next three pictures "PJM"? I planted these two Rhododendron on my foundation three years ago and now I realize that they are different plants. I checked my tags and did some research I think these two are the closest. I do have two "Purple Gem" tags but could not find another "Purple Gem" in my yard. I wanted to get a confirmed ID so that I can replace another one with the same. Now they are on each side of my main entrance and it is not symmetrical at all. Thanks in advance.

"Purple Gem"?

"PJM"?

Commenti (5)

• akamainegrower
    7 anni fa

The first two are probably Purple Gem. The rest are definitely not PJM. Hard to tell from the photos, but these seem to be an evergreen azalea. There are dozens of this color, so nearly impossible to say what specific variety.

Rockdale (RI Z6) ha ringraziato akamainegrower
  • Rockdale (RI Z6)
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Thank you. I am going to get a "purple gem" and move another one to my back yard.

• PRO
    urban oasis
    6 anni fa

The second one is Rhododendron yedoense var. poukhanense.

• idahotimber
    5 anni fa

Purple Gem is a PJM rhododendron. They look leggy and probably need more hours of sun.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    5 anni fa

idaho, I think you may have your facts mixed. There is no relationship between 'Purple Gem' and the PJM group....other than they share a seed parent. akamaine had it correct - the first two photos are of Purple Gem; the second two are of some sort of azalea, possibly the one referred to by urban oasis. There are no PJM's showing in the photos.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".