Houzz Logo Print
happyday321

interior trim / crown molding

happyday321
7 anni fa

followup question re: interior trim. We will have 10 foot ceilings in the foyer / dining room / living room. I love the look of very thick substantial crown molding and baseboards, as seem to be the case in older houses, but I am having a hard time picturing what size really would do that.

In my mind, the bigger the molding the better, but is there a maximum height that you think it can be before it starts to look ridiculous?

Commenti (8)

• Pensacola PI
    7 anni fa

Good points, 10' ceilings here as well on first floor.

• happyday321
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Pensacola, what height trim do you have for the crown and baseboards?

any pictures you have would be helpful!

• Pensacola PI
    7 anni fa

We are in the very beginning stages of planning a new build so I cannot offer any real info. I did try to Google "10' ceilings and kitchen cabinets" and got some good info. First floor of the house will have 10' ceilings and the second floor at 9'. Wish I could help you, just glad to find this posting.

• PRO
    Studio D Interiors
    7 anni fa

I am working on a home now with 10' ceilings. We are using a 3 piece crown made up of a 4" decorative crown at the top, a 2" flat center piece and a 2" decorative molding at the bottom. If you search for '3 piece crown moldings' you'll see a lot of images like this below, and should get a sense of scale.

• ILoveRed
    7 anni fa

StudioDInteriors...that 3 piece crown looks nice. Would it work in most homes or just homes that are fairly formal?

• PRO
    Studio D Interiors
    7 anni fa

It can be used in a transitional or more traditional space, but does not mean it has to be 'formal'. The house I'm currently using it in has a Hamptons (NY), beachy vibe, with a dressed up feel. Very livable, bright and airy. All depends on how you style it with furniture window treatments etc.

• ILoveRed
    7 anni fa

Thank you!

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".