Houzz Logo Print
heidi_wittbold

Need help in Cannes! Can't design my space!

Heidi Wittbold
7 anni fa
Ultima modifica:6 anni fa

Bought a holiday house in Cannes and the space is long and unwelcoming. Not too sure how to best use it.

Commenti (9)

• minnie101
    7 anni fa

Hi. It's a stunning apartment but I'm not really too sure what you're asking. Are you just stuck on furniture layout for the living area or inspiration for the whole design as I assume this isn't your furniture? If the latter what styles do you like? I like the dining area where is it and would also include a very large mirror so as to reflect the view. I think you just need some furniture brought into the middle of the room for the the living area and it will lose the slight corridor effect. How many do you want to seat? I don't think I'd need a tv with that view but is the room to include one?!

• PRO
    Claudia Dorsch Interior Design Ltd
    7 anni fa

Dear Heidi

congratulations on your new apartment in Cannes, its a beautiful place.

I am based in Hampstead London but I have extensive experience with renovating , new build and decorating properties in France and I speak French. You can see examples of some of the work on the houzz profile.

Your space is very classical and has lovely traditional parquet flooring and tall windows , its a style which I love to work with and from my other properties you can see some of the classical work I have done.

I cant tell what is the material in the hallway. I can see there are some cables and wires commensurate with the ages of the property , you might want to get this cleaned up?

I would love to speak to you about this project. I can help you in different ways. I can work out a scheme for decoration, floor plans for furniture, colours, fabrics for curtains and soft furnishings and source and ship furniture for you? Or I can help you manage a renovation project.

I hesitate to give you a quick fix answer on this blog as we would ideally have a conversation about how you want to use the space, how many people will be in the apartment, what style do you like, what is your inspiration and whether you have any existing pieces of furniture or artworks that you want to include.

The seaside view is spectacular and you want to arrange your seating to maximise its use. But the layout of your furniture also depends on how you will use the space and what you do - perhaps you also want to have a desk there to work and enjoy the view? either on the left where the chair is or on the right behind the door where the commode is, from both places you could enjoy the ocean view.

A round dining table is a good idea as they used to have. But we need to talk through your habits - will you entertain? formal or informal meals? is there also space in the kitchen to sit and eat or is this the only dining table? etc

Its a beautiful place and I would love it if you get in touch and we could start a consultation.

It would be useful to have the floor plans.

kind regards

Claudia Dorsch

just a few pictures of work done in France:

Holiday Home · Maggiori informazioni

Preppy Guest House · Maggiori informazioni

Preppy Guest House · Maggiori informazioni

;

• PRO
    Create Perfect
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

Morning Heidi,

Congratulations on your new holiday home. It looks like a fab space!

It is such a gorgeous room with lots of potential. I think, as Minnie said, you need start by looking at the style and items you want within the room.

What function is the room going to have for you?

This is the essential starting point which will then help you to start planning the space in better detail. I think it may really benefit you to get a designer on board for a single room redesign. They would then go through all this with you in an in-depth questionnaire and go on to create a cohesive design that works to your needs and desires as well as the features of the property itself which I think is really important here.

As Claudia has pointed out in her sales pitch, you don't need to have a designer close to your location when it comes to a single room re-design as this can be done remotely very easily so I would suggest looking at your style and ideas (in an image book on Houzz) in more detail and then have a look through Houzz and see who you relate to their interior design and get a few quotes. I think this will be the best way to get the most from this room.

All the best and I look forward to updates, Regards, Gina

• PRO
    Hartley and Rose
    6 anni fa

Hi, thats a fabulous place for a holiday home. In my view the apartment can take some much more substantial furniture and you just need a plan for a colour scheme. Cushions, rugs, wall decoration (i.e. mirrors paintings) will finish the space. You can certainly use some larger sofas and place mirrors in appropriate areas to lighten space. There are some great options in France for furniture and certainly if you can get some larger pieces in if access works this will take up the space better. I agree you can definitely find some examples on Houzz to what you like but equally we have done properties in France so can assist, but I am sure it is just buying furniture and measuring the spaces to get this right.

• PRO
    VORBILD Architecture
    6 anni fa

@ Heidi Wittbold : I'm there Friday next week, its much easier to discuss in person, over coffee?

• PRO
    Corinne Natel Art Ltd
    6 anni fa

It's a beautiful apartment. If you are interested in any original artworks for the space here are some suggestions below. I'm based in London and can ship internationally. For more examples visit my website: www.corinnenatel.co.uk and feel free to
    email me: design@corinnenatel.co.uk

• PRO
    VORBILD Architecture
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

@ Heidi Wittbold : Ich hätte gleich auf deutsch fragen sollen. Sag mir bitte Bescheid, ob Du am 31. August Zeit in Cannes Zeit hättest Dich zu treffen.

• PRO
    User
    6 anni fa

Hi Heidi,

I did a lot of work in Cannes last year, its a lovely location.

The apartment looks wonderful, lots of strong architectural details, good proportions and light flooding into the space, a good start !!

You really need someone you can discuss the project with who has the ability to visualise a concept based on your preferences and get those ideas down on paper.

Your going to be inundated with designers who will pitch for this project. You need to consider four factors.

1 Do they have the ability to do the work.

2 Can they get on your wavelength so the interior captures your aspirations.

2 Are their fees reasonable and grounded in reality.

3 Can they present their ideas with artists impressions to illustrate their ideas.

Taking into consideration all the above there is one final consideration.

"Can you work with this person ?"

This sounds like an abstract statement but an interior like this is the realisation of a dream for you, it should be a joy and as such you need to work with a designer that is both professional and on your wavelength from a personality perspective. On that basis you need to interview a quite a few designers.

You need to be comfortable with that individual and have the confidence that he / she can produce a scheme that matches your tastes and have the ability to make it a reality.

Here are a few details about myself: (Apologies about the bullet points)

• I'm BIID Registered - https://biid.org.uk/member/martin-nealon
    • I have worked with luxury interior design for 30 years so have experience.
    • I will quote a fixed fee for my design time, no hidden extras.
    • My profit comes from design time only, I supply all fittings at trade and provide you with the trade invoices. (i.e. no mark up)

I have two companies:

www.3dinteriorillustration.co.uk

The first is a design only company that can design the space, illustrate our ideas and provide mood boards for all rooms.

This service is a fixed fee per room and is primarily for other interior designers but we offer this to private clients as well.

We work on a fixed fee so you can see our charges up front and the visuals we produce will allow you to see the rooms in every detail.

The designs are yours to keep so you have the option of retaining our services to do the interior or pass the drawings / mood boards to local companies to complete the works.

www.angel-martin.com

This company offers a full installation and co ordination service where we organise the project for you and oversee every aspect.

I'm not going to pretend this is an economical approach, this type of project absorbs a lot of time but we do all the work for you.

Thats my sales pitch over.

Good luck with the project.

With Kind Regards,

Martin

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".