Houzz Logo Print
arshakgrigoryan

Which One Guys??? ! ! ! HELP, HELP, HELP ! ! !

Jennifer Ruiz
7 anni fa

I was at Verona Quartz today in sun valley and saw a couple designs that are really nice.. i need help with choosing the right one.

I have white cabinets & light grey porcelain flooring tile.

Commenti (83)

• Jennifer Ruiz
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

please send pictures!! i know @porter its making me excited!!!

Tile for the backsplash huh?

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    7 anni fa

brenda, you want to run the silversea up the wall for your backsplash? that's what you said, no? what don't you get about tile for a splash?

• Discussioni simili

Ristrutturazione Help

Q

(4) commenti
    BUONGIORNO Cristina, il mio studio può aiutarla per tutto!! Se mi contatta, assolutamente senza impegno, a designofsoul@hotmail.it allegando IMMAGINI della casa e Planimetria con MISURE io le fornirò un Preventivo GRATUITO per realizzare la casa dei suoi sogni, aiutandola anche a scegliere mobili e complementi adatti! CORDIALI SALUTI Melania Design of SOUL Interior DESIGN
    ... mostra di più

I need VERY URGENT help in finding a lawyer in London

Q

(1) commenti
    Secondo me per avere delle risposte deve girare la richiesta sulla pagina di houzz UK....
    ... mostra di più

HELP!!RISTRUTTURAZIONE TOTALE!!

Q

(11) commenti
    Un'idea di massima, stefipagilaria... Facendo riferimento alla prima delle 3 immagini da te pubblicate, si potrebbe: - come suggerisce l'architetto da te contattato, mantenere il soggiorno nella posizione attuale, e posizionare in alto a sx la cucina (quella stanza da 15,95 mq). Così il salone si aprirebbe verso la cucina creando uno spazio unico e luminoso. Il camino sarebbe baricentrico non collegato a nessuna parete, ma che rappresenterebbe veramente l'idea del focolare domestico, centro della casa (ovviamente il salone e la cucina andrebbero formulati di conseguenza) - con i debiti accorgimenti la stanza in basso a dx dovrebbe aumentare a 9 mq e divenire così una stanza singola per il figlio o l'ospite o anche uno studiolo - il bagno verrebbe quindi leggermente spostato verso l'alto - lo spazio centrale di distribuzione verrebbe occupato da un "cubo" che assolverebbe la funzione di ospitare un bagno cieco e un passaggio tra l'ingresso e il salone.. Ripeto sono idee in libertà ma prendono spunto da alcuni dei tuoi commenti.. Spero che ti siamo stati utili! Un saluto
    ... mostra di più

Help

Q

(5) commenti
    Buona sera, potrebbe creare una cucina-pranzo-soggiorno nella parte più ampia. Potrebbe così avere anche una camera da letto padronale grande con il bagno privato accessibile dalla camera o a scelta una cabina armadio, una altra camera da letto dall'altro lato ed un bagno di servizio. Lo spazio è ottimizzabile ma serve un rilievo metrico laser completo così da poter studiare ed ottimizzare al massimo gli spazi in maniera realistica. Contatti pure il nostro ufficio nel caso fosse interessata ad una consulenza personalizzata. Visiti il nostro sito al seguente indirizzo: www.pieroluigicritelli.com Cordiali saluti Studio Critelli 391/11.81.499
    ... mostra di più
  • visualizemaven
    7 anni fa

I know the color is not what you are interested in but here is example of same stone on counter and wall in slab.

shttps://www.houzz.com/photos/deborah-leamann-traditional-kitchen-philadelphia-phvw-vp~218321

• Porter Edun
    7 anni fa

As Beth said if you go with the one or the other I don't like the look of carrying it to the backsplash. Which are your wanting ideas for a backsplash? I think the first photo you posted would be most easy to make a lovely backsplash... yet can be done with either :) you will get many, many suggestions I'm sure... examples of both or have you decided!!!!

• Porter Edun
    7 anni fa

are you a minimalist? I lean to the minimal on this!

• PRO
    Durham Designs & Consulting, LLC
    7 anni fa

I agree with the Verona Silver Sea. It has a bit more character and will flow with the flooring well. I do believe that the white on white is temporary. While there is indeed a strong movement towards more transitional and contemporary spaces I am already seeing wood cabinets making a return in certain areas of the country. We are blessed to have so many options now. Manufactured quartz is amazing with lots of patterns. It will last and not stain but still give you a lasting design.

• melissa riley
    7 anni fa

I love the Silver Sea! goes great with your cabinets :)

• Porter Edun
    7 anni fa

Ok, so which style backsplash most appeals to you? We don't know the size of your kitchen so if it is more vast some will look better than others. Just take a look and see what might appeal is style:

top and bottom more in color tones with the first photo, yet what style do you see not color?

• Donna Tepper
    7 anni fa
    I'm torn between the the first white quartz and Judy's pick. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either one.
  • Hashana Vilano
    7 anni fa
    Definitely the light grey, it's amazing!
  • kendralh
    7 anni fa

I love the light one!

• Jennifer Ruiz
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

You guys are amazing, the second backsplash design is what i'm really looking for!

Would it match with blue pearl??

• Jennifer Ruiz
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

I do like the silver sea just as much but i feel like if i'm going to it once i want to do it right by making it pop!!

• artakk
    7 anni fa

Hey brenda how about something more subtle from their collection? I think you might need to neutralize... Thoughts?

They have a great variety, its not really limited to these few colors visit the page!

Verona quartz surfaces

• lwfromny
    7 anni fa
    Brenda I think the blue pearl is your countertop. I've noticed that even though you are getting a lot of feedback from people who recommend other options, YOU keep returning to the blue pearl. I think that indicates that that's what you are most drawn to, and in the end, that's what matters.
  • Porter Edun
    7 anni fa

Ok, why don't you go to the shop and try different backsplash styles with each. Then you may better find your answer if you are on the fence... post them if you can!!

Another thing to think about is have you been able to see full slabs of each of the two? That also may help you decide as they vary so much and given what is available one may have too much going on vs. the other..... Just a thought as a slab(s) can vary greatly! This may also help you decide.

• Jennifer Ruiz
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

i am most drawn to it, i also did see the full slabs and they are pretty much the same. So i guess blue pearl it is.... :) Which backsplash style would match the blue pearl @porter??

• Angela Hartle
    7 anni fa

I think the darker the tile the better. To much white in a space leaves me feeling cold and unwelcome. If you have white cabinets and light gray flooring I think you need something to break up the white. I like the dark gray.

• visualizemaven
    7 anni fa

Brenda - the Blue Pearl and the scallop pattern you love will work together and with your gray floor.

But I am seriously not liking the whiteness of the scallop pattern with your creamy cabs.

• Jennifer Ruiz
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Exactly!!!! i think i might just go ahead and do that, any other designs i should consider?

• hummingalong2
    7 anni fa
    I prefer the lightest one from your samples. Classic, easier to pick a backsplash.
  • Porter Edun
    7 anni fa

There are other scalloped design backsplashes which lean more toward warm if you like the style. I would definitely take your sample of the counter top and try different styles.

Here is a warmer scallop (for example) it is a bit smaller in scale yet also is made larger...... Is the kitchen large? If it is smaller in size simple is probably better. If it is vast you can do a nice pattern in the right tone.

• Maria Roberts
    7 anni fa

The white one for sure! You might be cleaning the floor more often but the cabinets and the lightest sample you shown are very complementary to one another. Trust me!

• Porter Edun
    7 anni fa

just some examples.... the center one is a bit too creamy yet you could do calacatta gold marble in the same for the backsplash....

I love the top one.

• Porter Edun
    7 anni fa

certainly can hunt down some scallop yet think it may be easier to tie in with the lightest counter top with some warmth in it.

• Bianca Mix
    7 anni fa
    I like the lighter one
  • Porter Edun
    7 anni fa

if you love the scallop and the counter with the blue tones then there is nothing wrong with this off white with grays as your countertop has warmth for the cabinets...

that is my opinion... surely many will disagree, yet thought I'd post it so you could see them... it would naturally go with either counter yet this counter would give you the warmth (as in your cupboards) and tie in with the gray in the scalloped too.

• Porter Edun
    7 anni fa

I like the very first one VERY much and the very last one VERY much....

• lwfromny
    7 anni fa
    Brenda, I am not a pro, but I have built two new houses, done two kitchen-only remodels, and just lived through a complete gut and rebuild of an entire house due to a massive flood. So I've been in your shoes a lot. I can't describe how many hours I have spent agonizing over backsplashes.

You have some amazing options being posted here, and I know you want to pick something awesome. But here's what I finally figured out and that I wish someone had told me years ago. If you want your backsplash to be perfect for your kitchen, either: (1) Start the design process with the backsplash as your FIRST, or at the latest second, major material choice, and then choose everything else to go with it (which is not what you have done), or (2) wait to pick your backsplash until all your other major elements are actually installed. Please don't pick a backsplash based on samples of other materials. There's just too big of a difference between how your cabinets, floors, and counters look in small samples and what your actual ROOM will look like once they are in place. Your real life installations will not look just like the samples, and also the lighting in your space has a very significant affect on how things will look once installed.

So my advice is this - don't even think about a backsplash now. You have your cabinets, floors, and counters. Just wait until they are in, AND wait until your final lighting is installed. This is especially important when mixing warm and cool tones as you are. You will need your backsplash to play the critical role of making everything else work together. Only after your big other stuff plus your lighting is in will you understand your room enough to start bringing in backsplash samples.

In the massive remodel I just did, I was so worried about not being ready with all my materials when they were needed that I violated this principle (even though I knew it) and spent WEEKS looking at backsplash tile before the rest of the materials were in place. I must have dragged over 20 samples in and out of the house, and looked for hours at hundreds more in stores and online. I finally found the right one - I loved it. It looked GREAT propped up against the wall with my cabinets installed, my countertop sample in front of it, my floor sample on the floor, and bulbs hanging down out of the untrimmed recessed lighting sockets.

But then once my full floor, cabinets, counters and final lighting were in, I found that the tile sample that had looked so amazing wasn't amazing anymore. It was still beautiful tile, and it "matched," but something just wasn't right. I almost used it anyway. But in my heart I knew I would regret it. I started all over, and then and only then did I find the perfect choice that was COMPLETELY different than anything I had been looking at before. Did it delay my project to wait? Yup, a little. But if I had used the tile I picked earlier, my kitchen would be pretty. Instead, with the one I chose after everything else was in place, it's WOW. I should have listened to my own advice and saved myself all that time and hassle.

So by all means, look for and save inspiration pictures - they are a big help. But you can make it a lot easier on yourself if you don't try to actually choose anything or do any serious shopping until you're much further down the line.
  • visualizemaven
    7 anni fa

Thank you lwf for such a great tutorial! Great advice and well said - so glad, in the final analysis, you are so happy with your outcome.

• lwfromny
    7 anni fa
    Lol sorry for that long post! I just know how easy it is to spend so much time on a decision that can be made faster and with better outcome by waiting. Good luck!
  • Jennifer Ruiz
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    You all are amazing, thank you so much with the suggestions. The silver sea in that application looks beautiful!
  • binakay
    7 anni fa

In your inspiration pic. they have the same backsplash as they do countertop. That look is sleek, & beautiful (also cuts out another choice you have to make).

• rebecca
    7 anni fa
    lwfromny-you are so helpful on this posting and the postings you have done for me. It is so nice when someone takes the time to really help others with their decisions. I would love to see a picture of your beautiful kitchen if you care to share.
  • Jennifer Ruiz
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

she really is, all of you i greatly appreciate it. Also guys how does verona quartz hold up??

• Alec Baron
    7 anni fa

hey brenda, i have calacatta blanco from Verona Quartz in my kitchen installed about 2 years ago and it holds up very well, better than my old granite that is lol! Ive spilled so much and dropped so much on there because i'm so clumsy and it's still like i just had them installed!

• rebecca
    7 anni fa
    Brenda... you are about three weeks behind me. I used the great people at Houzz to help me pick my tile and am now going through the task of finding a backsplash. I was originally going with a light color countertop and ended up going with black titanium Granite. I am thrilled. So, have faith in all of these people but, in the end, go with your gut. Good luck!!!
  • Jennifer Ruiz
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    You guys are the biggest help in my decision, thank you so much!
  • Ray Diaz
    7 anni fa

The selene is beautiful! Send us pictures when its done

• Jennifer Ruiz
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa
    Sorry my phone isn't letting me post, I will try with my computer tomorrow
  • PRO
    Durham Designs & Consulting, LLC
    6 anni fa

You have had many responses including one from me. I've been in this business for a very long time and I can tell you that your original post with the lighter counter and the gray floor is perfect. You will be miserable with a light floor and the dark counter is just too dark! Asking too many people (especially non professionals only confuses you more. Make the decision, move on and start enjoying your life again.

Tiny Mountain Cabin · Maggiori informazioni

This photo is not your style but notice the much darker floor with the very light White top on the vanity.

• Porter Edun
    6 anni fa

I just want to say that this is the second time I've seen, "non professionals" are posting on this site and both times today. I agree that many love interior design and love to post here and I think that is great.

However, I don't have, "pro" next to my name, yet I have staged (no I'm not a CID) many many homes for a large group of RE agents and also work for a smaller builder where we are a group that does the interior for their models and have done this for some years as well. I may not hold a CID as I started my career as a ER nurse long ago. Yet, this is something I have done for over 9 years and I haven't been fired as of yet. I do say this with all do respect.

• Jennifer Ruiz
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

Durham designs that is very very nice! i see what you are talking about,

Porter you have such a beautiful eye, don't worry about having pro next to your name, you have a great talent.

• Jennifer Ruiz
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

TODAY'S THE BIG DAY GUYS!!!!

• Porter Edun
    6 anni fa

DRUM ROLL!

• visualizemaven
    6 anni fa

Good luck - hope you love it! Show us as soon as you can -

• mjammjam
    6 anni fa

Hi Jennifer, Do you have photos of your completed kitchen. I am starting my white kitchen soon and was wondering how you like your floor tile. What color is it -- I am looking at same type with grey and cream combined. Thanks so much!!

• laurenbernstein
    5 anni fa

https://www.veronaquartz.com/

How do I buy Verona Quartz?

• leahboo827
    5 anni fa

Have you visited dealer locator?.. It's on their website

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".