Houzz Logo Print
lshirman

How to select the right linear shower drain?

Lilia Shirman
11 anni fa
Ultima modifica:11 anni fa
We are remodeling and building new showers, and would like to use linear, tile-insert drains in all 3. One big concern is maintenance - how often do they need to be cleaned, and which ones are easiest to remove and clean? What other selection criteria should we consider?

Commenti (3)

• Ed
    11 anni fa
    Lilia, congrats on your remodel. They're pretty :) --
    Modern Bathroom · Maggiori informazioni

Water-activated LED shower drain · Maggiori informazioni

Modern Open Concept Bathroom - featuring a concrete floor and curbless shower · Maggiori informazioni

Dots Shower Drain Cover · Maggiori informazioni
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    11 anni fa
    Hi there - I tend to work mainly with only linear drains - all of which are tiled.
    My advice is read up on Houzzer John Whipple's various blogs on shower designs (he is a font of wisdom on this stuff)
    Whatever tile you use in your shower needs to be considered when tiling the removable part of the drain. (Big rocks don't work);
    your bathroom slope is more limited to a flatter drainage plane as your tiling slope cannot curve as easily as it would to a central drain
    Some drains come with a little key that you use to lift out the drain (but I use a flat end screw to lever up the cover with no problem) easy to pull off and to put back.
    Maintenance is dead easy once the cover is off - but as you cannot see the dirt (mainly hairballs) I advise bi-monthly inspections
  • PRO
    By Any Design Ltd.
    9 anni fa
    Thanks ASV - the best linear drains in my opinion are made by ACO. If you live in Canada you can order them from my blog page.
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".