Front Porch/Awning - Just bought a new house and it has no awning

Brandi Meyer
7 anni fa
Ultima modifica:7 anni fa

Commenti (8)

• Brandi Meyer
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Unsure of how to create an awning as our entry way is so small so when its pouring outside there is no place to come in and not make a mess. Thinking some sort of awning would be great but unsure where to start or how to make that look with the different levels of roof.

• nan_sea56
    7 anni fa
    I like the dark on bottom. I'm just another homeowner telling you what is pleasing to my eye.
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

Low pitch roof started under gutters and extended out to edge of home.

• Brandi Meyer
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

BeverlyFLADeziner That wont look to much like an after thought will it??

• chiflipper
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

Bev's suggestion is perfect and if done correctly will not look like an add-on. Make sure to equip the new roof with 5 inch gutters. Remove the shutters...please. Power wash the driveway retaining wall, and plant something that will trail over it.

• Brandi Meyer
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Thank you Chiflipper and believe me the power washing will all be done as soon as our Oregon weather clears up to allow it! But that awning may work may have to look into a contractor so it looks likes its done well!

• PRO
    Window Works
    6 anni fa

Hi Brandi, an awning may be a challenge here considering the lack of space above the front door. You want a good slope on the awning to extend the life of the fabric; and doing so puts you above the gutter in order to clear the doorway. An awning is doable, but it may not look totally natural...

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".