Houzz Logo Print
mary4187

Can you tell me how you attached the steel to the backing material?

mary4187
7 anni fa
Can you tell me how you attached the steel to the backing material? We are trying to connect a steel sheet surround to a fireplace without fasteners. The steel is 1/8 thickness, hot rolled, with a raw finish. We have applied spray high heat epoxy adhesive, as well as PL adhesive to fire rated sheetrock. We are having a problem with the steel bulging above the fire box when the fireplace operates and produces heat. Our client does not want the steel panel to be attached to the wall with fasteners. Thanks for your time.
Capitol Creek · Maggiori informazioni

Commento (1)

• PRO
    Kaegebein Fine Homebuilding LLC
    7 anni fa

We used countersunk fasteners. I would recommend using Z clips to attach the panels to eliminate fasteners. Either weld them onto the back side of the steel or use epoxy. I would be careful with the PL adhesives as the are highly flammable.

mary4187 ha ringraziato Kaegebein Fine Homebuilding LLC
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".