Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_34127679

Knocking down a wall and skirting boards

User
7 anni fa
Hello,
We are planning to knock down a wall between living room and dining room in victorian terrace.

We realised that the pattern of the skirting board is different in living room (ornate) and dining room (plain). Is this mean do we need to change all the skirting boards to match the other?
Or is there any clever trick you can do for the bit where the wall is knocked down?

Please let us know your experience.

Many thanks!

Commenti (6)

• PRO
    MBH Carpentry and Joinery Ltd.
    7 anni fa
    A picture of the ornate would be helpful, you may be able to get some beading that closely matches the ornate skirting that can be fixed to the top of the plain skirting to tie both sets in together.
  • User
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    Thank you, Matthew.
    The ornate skirting board looks like this.
  • PRO
    7 anni fa
    That looks like a 4 inch Ogee skirting placed on top of a 5 or 6 inch chamfered skirting.
  • PRO
    7 anni fa
    Sorry clicked to early...
    Depending on the plain skirting height you can get Ogee skirting or architrave to fix on top to make the same desired height it may not match the profile exactly but close enough not to notice.
  • PRO
    1016 Developments
    7 anni fa
    I have been faced with this many times in the past. I generally ask the client to choose the profile they prefer then take a sample to the joiners shop where they can generally produce something near identical and I wouldn't have thought you would have a problem with yours
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".