Houzz Logo Print
stpetechris

Pool tile grout color?

stpetechris
7 anni fa
Hello! Looking for some input on which grout color to use on our blue glass pool water line tile.

The photo shows 3 possibilities, but I am not limited to these options. From left to right, the grout colors are Delorean Gray, Platinum and Oyster Gray. I have not been able to find a blue grout that works, so let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!

Commenti (28)

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    7 anni fa

I vote for platinum.

• Julie PH
    7 anni fa
    Option 1 looks serene and makes the blue look more navy. Option 2 makes the blue pop and appears more "Greek Island" blue than the other options. Option 3 again looks more serene but I can't really distinguish between 1 & 3 except to say that greys are more "in" than tans. What look are you going for?
  • stpetechris
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    I like how option 2 brightens the tile. Option 1 seems to make it all appear darker, almost like a solid 6x6 tile rather than 1x2s. I think it loses some of its character with the darker grout.
  • ycity
    7 anni fa
    We used delorian gray with our blue tile to match the gray coping.
  • stpetechris
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    Do you have any pictures you can share?
  • PRO
    Annie Santulli Designs
    7 anni fa

I guess the question is are you going for a more serene look or for the tile to "pop" more.

• sunnydrew
    7 anni fa
    Go for the darker grout that does not stand out. Your pool will look more "natural". How fabulous!
  • ccrump
    7 anni fa
    Here's our almost identical Hawaii pool built in 2015 with "white" grout......lol.....goes to show at the end of the day, just doesn't make much difference to the whole look.....we all, including me sweat the small stuff on details like these in too many projects like these.....Aloha....:)
  • PRO
    Cinar Interiors, Inc.
    7 anni fa

115 Platinum really makes the blue pop. Are you installers planning to use standard grout or the upgraded grout Fusion for this particular line of grout?
    Standard sanded grout will breathe and will discolor over time in a pool. The fusion grout, which is a little harder to work with, will not discolor over a period of time. Fusion would be your best bet to keep the grout the color it is now and help keep it looking new over the years to come.

• minjeeah
    7 anni fa
    I'd go darker.
  • gtcircus
    7 anni fa
    Do they not make grout closer to the pool tile color?
  • libradesigneye
    7 anni fa

You are going to get effluorescence on this grout, and then want to scrub it with CLR so even though the dark is a good look with the tile, the lighter grout is easier to maintain.

• PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    7 anni fa

I really like the platinum because I think it makes you really look at the tiles since they're all outlined. So that's my first choices. But you wouldn't be wrong to choose the darker gray, since it makes the tiles more of a single unit, which is a perfectly good look.

• stpetechris
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    We decided to go with MAPEI Keracolor in "Silver". It's darker than the Platinum, but not quite as dark as the Delorean. It looked great going on this morning.
  • wonder_tree
    6 anni fa

I have the same tile and same dilemma what color did you go with? Do you have pictures?

Thank you

• bobzilla72
    5 anni fa

Do you have any completed pictures you can share of the tile?

• Sahyli Hartney
    4 anni fa

Would love to see the final pool?

• felizlady
    4 anni fa

I prefer the gray grout or even blue if available.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    4 anni fa

This post is years old.

• ehans
    3 anni fa

Hi- we need to make this same decision right now, and see we have chosen the exact same pool tile as you!

What grout color did you decide on? Can you please post a picture so we can see how it looks? Are you happy with it? Thank you!

• Chris
    3 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 3 anni fa

Depends on the look you want. I personally prefer not to see much of the grout lines with my cobalt blue tile. Lighter grout looks very “busy” with the blue tiles

in my opinion. I went with charcoal grout and LOVE IT! Can’t wait for the bottom surface to be done, then water...

• Chris
    3 anni fa

Close up of my cobalt blue tile with charcoal grout. Of course it’s lighter in the sun & darker in the shade

• jaimeeap
    3 anni fa

@ehans, @wonder_tree, @stpetechris Can you please share pictures of this tile and the grout you chose? How is it holding up and looking now?

• wonder_tree
    3 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 3 anni fa

@jaimeeap

We went with a light color grout - it made it pop - not the most white, but a shade above. We painted our house a very light color as well and had white fountains - so it all worked and kind of had a Greek / Bahamas vibe. The tile held up well, but we sold the home, so I'm not sure how it is now. It looked great for 2 years with no maintenance. I think if you chose the darker grout, you won't really see the squares as much, in which case, you can just do big square tiles. The other thing with white grout is that you cannot hide any imperfections, so you better have a really good tile guy. Our guy had a crew of 3 that literally spent one entire week just prepping the surface and measuring everything to the T so that all the tiles would fit perfectly with no cuts - it was a lot of detailed work.

• kodiac23
    3 anni fa

• jaimeeap
    3 anni fa

@wonder_tree Thank you so much for the pictures and sharing your insights! Super helpful and looks really good! Thanks again!

• writermd
    l'anno scorso

Do you have a finished picture of your pool?

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".