Houzz Logo Print
alwaystipa

Blatant Code Violation?

alwaystipa
7 anni fa
I'm very confused by this stair railing picture. Although it's very pretty and creates a simplistic design.. How would the lack of balusters ever pass IRC code? IRC R312.1.3 Opening Limitations: Required guards shall not have openings from the walking surface to the required guard height that allow passage of a sphere 4 inches (102 mm) in diameter. This code is for the safety of small children so they don't fall through. I see beautiful houses all the time on this site that have elements that do not meet today's IRC codes. How do people get away with not following building codes? I'd love to know the secret.
Clean Craftsman · Maggiori informazioni

Commento (1)

• PRO
    Wieland Studio, LLC
    7 anni fa

This house was built in the early 1900s and there is no requirement to upgrade the stair to meet today's code regulations. We always design to meet the latest residential housing code adopted by our county and advise clients when their existing conditions do not meet code. They may then choose to update or not.

In other counties near us, the residential housing code is not adopted and there are no regulations in place that keep people from constructing whatever they want. We do not agree with this practice, but cannot force builders or clients to build to code when it is not required. It may be that other images you see have the same lack of regulation.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".