Houzz Logo Print
isidora_markovic90

POLL: Glass screens or shower curtains?

A question for those among us with showers over baths (or anyone who has a firm preference!) - what kind of divider, that exist to keep us from flooding our bathrooms, do you like best?

Though curtains are detachable, less rigid, can be more varied in their design and can be washed, they tend to get soaked with water, while water doesn't permeate glass screens, which also have a certain chic simplicity about them...

So - which'll it be? Vote and comment away with why you voted for one over the other!

Commenti (24)

• absolutkaffee
    7 anni fa

I love factory style pained glass shower doors with black frames, but I live in an area with very hard water, so I chose a curtain. In general, I prefer the traditional look of a curtain.

• tiredoldwoman
    7 anni fa

My curtains always go black , they never return to new looking despite bleaching and biological washing powder .

• no_numb
    7 anni fa
    I prefer glass panels but I'm very tall and most of the time they end up not being big enough hence I have a shower curtain!
  • Vanessa Dennett
    7 anni fa

I'm very lazy and hate cleaning the glass of a screen! Living in a hard water area a curtain is easier to maintain or replace.

• Tidy Towers
    7 anni fa

Our curtains always get mouldy but our bathroom is tiny and at least the curtain can be shifted out of the way, whereas a glass panel would make the space feel constrained I think.

• User
    7 anni fa
    cold clammy cling curtain.....er no thanks
  • rippy1
    7 anni fa
    Neither...one of the priorities when I renovated a few years ago was a tiled shower cubicle with a mosaic wall separating the shower from the rest of the bathroom. Best thing I ever did. No mouldy curtain or glass to clean.
  • angelboyman
    7 anni fa

Curtains always get stuck to me and I hate that. We've gone for glass but I like the idea above for cleanliness but I wonder if you feel a little exposed when you're in the shower? When you're in a cubicle type shower the heat envelopes you and I wonder if on an open type shower that the heat just escapes into the bathroom.

• rippy1
    7 anni fa
    Actually it feels the very opposite to exposed. In my pic that's the mosaic wall with shower behind.
  • bagpuss2
    7 anni fa
    Cleaning glass sliding doors is a bit of a pain. During the six months while my house was built I rented a flat with an electric shower over the bath- and a shower curtain. Used to powerful showers I dreaded it, but got used to it. A curtain can be replaced regularly.
  • PRO
    MBH Carpentry and Joinery Ltd.
    7 anni fa
    We have a curtain, it's more flexible, easy to clean and lots of designs to choose from. Glass does look nice but as our shower is over bath it tends to get in the way.
  • Sonia
    7 anni fa

I've had both, and I feel the screen looks so much better than a curtain. Yes it does need wiping down afterwards, but so easy to do with e cloths. I've since removed the bath completely due to severe arthritis and have put in a shower cubicle - utter bliss to just be able to walk into it rather than clamber over a bath. Again the e cloths are brilliant for wiping down the glass, takes minutes.

• janelkurk
    7 anni fa

Glass screen, shower curtains hold the wet and attract mould. Even in a hard water area as long as you use a microfibre cloth every time you shower the glass stays clean and streak free, only takes a few seconds to do.

• viv_rouse
    7 anni fa

I prefer a shower curtain. It can go in the washing machine. If you have two nylon curtains they can be alternated. I have never had a shower curtain stick to me in the shower.

• PRO
    AlenaCDesign
    7 anni fa

I prefer glass, don't like sticky wet curtain near my body...

• archiekennedy
    7 anni fa

I had both, at the same time, screen near the bath, and a curtain outside it. The glass screen is practical, and the curtain can be pretty.

• monbar
    7 anni fa
    Neither! No door or curtain for my walk-in shower.
  • PRO
    North Leeds Garden Design
    7 anni fa

Definitely glass! I've got a squeegee (?) like the window cleaner to wipe them down after the shower so don't have to worry about limescale stains.

• PRO
    Senspasce
    7 anni fa

I don't like either which is why I came up with my first ever shower blind in my own bathroom five years ago! A great space saving, clean and tidy alternative...

• PRO
    Eden Home Solutions
    7 anni fa

glass screens are much easier to maintain, don't dominate the space and don't stick to you or go mouldy (however hard you try to dry them out!)

• PRO
    Alex Burgess Carpentry
    7 anni fa

I'd definitely go for a glass divider, providing it was a simple enough design when it comes to cleaning. Shower curtains are fine, but they do stick to you, and need replacing regularly!

• PRO
    Senspasce
    7 anni fa

We don't need to choose between two options anymore. Shower Screen, Shower Curtain or Shower Blind... My shower blinds offer a premium, heavier fabric that doesn't cling, is mould free due to the seam free design (registered), it create space and as it's out of sight when dry rolled up, you don't need to worry about cleaning it all the time! And the fabric can be easily removed when needing a change or for easy quick cleaning, due to the hook and loop fastening!

• PRO
    Chadder & Co. Luxury Bathrooms
    7 anni fa

Love this Picture of our Churchill Bath and Shower. We vote Shower curtain if you intend on just looking and admiring the set up, as it looks gorgeous. But agree curtains are a pain.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".