Houzz Logo Print
renae_bassula

Can I please ask what the black cabinets are Made from ?

Are they a textured or sheen or Matt finish ? Thanks
Discovery Dock West Penthouse Apartment · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (9)

• Renae Michelle
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    Hi Kathryn we went with black Wenge ravine it actually has a grain and is Matt with a soft brown - looks black from a distance - I adore my kitchen - I matched with Caesar stone osprey - it’s a creamy finish and I have a clear glass splash back , in my scullery I have herringbone splash back, in an offwhite hand made tile , I also duplicated this look in my laundry, powder room and bathrooms however used a smaller herringbone tile.
  • Kathryn
    5 anni fa
    Hi Renae, thank you so much for your response. From your answer I've narrowed down the choices to either black wenge ravine or the thermo tempest woodgrain (vinyl wrap). Do you find the ravine is good with children (ie dirty hands)? Have you had any issues with it or find it hard to clean?

Can I also ask what wall paint colour you used for the living? I am finding it hard to find the right combination of colours.

You mentioned you used ravine in the kitchen. Did you mix it with any white colour for cupboards? Thanks again.
  • PRO
    AKL Improvement Services
    5 anni fa
    Hi Renee, if you are concerned about finger prints, as children are good leaving them behind, the Black Venette is a silk Matt board with anti-fingerprint. The black Wenge ravine has a subtle grain which would also help with hiding the hand prints. Hope this is helpful in making a decision.
  • Renae Michelle
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    Hi Kathryn - the Black Wenge has a subtle grain , which as mentioned does hide the finger prints , I have kids and a huge amount of cupboards and have found it to be fine in keeping clean ! I have used Matt black handles on everything which has helped. I do keep my kitchen pretty clean though , however I use it non stop - you would be doing just as much cleaning with white cupboards - believe me as that’s what we had before we moved in !! We have slate floors so I’ve used Dulux white delight on the walls throughout - we have high ceilings and bright , dimmable LEDs , as well as big windows so sufficient lighting . I have used the black Wenge for overhead cupboards as well - it isn’t too dark / it looks amazing I wouldn’t change it - saying this I do have the large window splashback that throws light between the overhead and bottom cupboards so it doesn’t look blocked in - in my scullery I have open shelving overhead and the closed drawers and cupboards in the black Wenge. I’ve used the Caesar stone osprey on all the bench tops which really warms everything up. Go for it ! You won’t regret it.
  • Kathryn
    5 anni fa

Hi Renae, thanks for the reply - black wenge ravine it is! (I have toddlers who leave marks everywhere). Our kitchen rear wall will be 7.5m in length and the island will be 3m... and a WIP. Sorry for the double up in the questions - I was hesitant due to the amount of kitchen rear wall I have.... there will be alot of black wenge ravine. Rear kitchen bench will be in white stone. The splash back will be in white stone too. I would of loved to do a window splash back but we couldnt due to the design by the architect.

Due to the size, I think I have to do the island in a different colour. The island will be in white stone - 40mm waterfall. I am still not sure what colour for 3m island cabinets. What colour would you recommend for the island cabinets?

• Renae Michelle
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    Hi Kathryn , your kitchen is sounding gorgeous ! We have very similar quantities of cabinets , I toyed with changing it up and incorporating a tuxedo cabinet theme ( more so ) and introducing white / or off white with a texture or grain that mimicked the ravine for our kitchen island or the overhead cabinets - this could be an option ? What kitchen stools are you going for ? I ended up buying marri with a tan leather top ( gah !! ) that softened the black ravine . Personally don’t be scared of the black ... I honestly thought it would overwhelm the space - however now that we are in , with all our wood furniture and over head pendants , soft rugs etc it really works ! Just as well as white
  • Renae Michelle
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    You have got me thinking Kathryn ... on our next home I’m going to experiment more with concrete and also wood paneling ... I have seen some amazing new concepts matched with black and white kitchens ??
  • Renae Michelle
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    Gorgeous !
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".