Houzz Logo Print
kazuri

My little courtyard needing a Turkish Theme

Kazuri
7 anni fa
This is the space I want to create a Turkish theme for. Would love ideas from the amazing Houzz community!

Commenti (14)

• PRO
    Primrose
    7 anni fa

There is lots of potential here for your outdoor space!

As above, I agree that lanterns may be a great touch here, they will create a romantic atmosphere in the evening and help you image you're in an exotic location. This one in particular would be a pretty choice.

An outdoor rug is a great way to inject a Turkish theme, here's an example here. There is a huge range, I would recommend one with a vibrant design to add a splash of colour.

Lastly, I would suggest you incorporate a bright mosaic pattern either through some new planters or tiles. Or perhaps some lovely mirrored furniture cushions would help!

I hope my advice was helpful and good luck with your project!

Kazuri ha ringraziato Primrose
  • PRO
    Bladen-Hill Landscape Gardens
    7 anni fa

I would suggest building a low block work frame into the gravel bed to render and paint white or Mosaic square tiles are fantastic as Primrose suggested. Use hardwood to create seating on top of the block wall, Paint the brick wall white with masonry paint. Repaint the fence in a turquoise blue colour. If you have some money to spend, try to introduce a stone patio circle kit in the floor but before doing so, an amazing feature would be to build a simple Pergola, this would be great for some shade & to hang those lanterns from!
    I think a few odd bits and bobs in the form of garden art would be great, possibly some terracotta Urns and pots, washed look will look better in my opinion!

Get in touch if you would like more input :)

Kazuri ha ringraziato Bladen-Hill Landscape Gardens
  • Kazuri
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

I am so grateful for these really practical ideas. I will be re-paving the patio and getting rid of the rotten shed. I love the lanterns on your website Primrose and I have an authentic kilim rug I can use, bring it in and out. The pergola idea really appeals, perhaps across the corner where the shed will free up some space. I have looked at Culture Vulture for some ideas too. I used to live in Turkey so have a few artefacts I could introduce, including cushions. I plan to place a mirror on the wall, perhaps with tiled surround. Do you think I should paint the brick wall? My little haven in the middle of Winchester will benefit from your amazing advice. Thank you.

• Ernestine
    7 anni fa

This may or may not help as it will require further internet research but I recently saw an episode of 'Selling Houses with Amanda Lamb' in which a woman transformed her courtyard in to an Eastern paradise. Not my taste but nevertheless it looked fantastic!. The only bit I can remember (with it not being something I'd do) was that I think she painted the brickwork/walls a bright turquoise. Seriously though if you can Youtube the episode, google the programme, Facebook Amanda Lamb, whatever it would be worth a watch for inspiration.

Kazuri ha ringraziato Ernestine
  • Kazuri
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Another great suggestion, I will check it out and remain open minded but not sure about painting a wall turquoise. I want more of a hint of eastern promise rather than a full blown approach!

• PRO
    ARC Bespoke Interiors
    7 anni fa

Eg: Dark blues mixed with light blue and white traditional turkish iznik/ persian , vivid floral art style outdoor tiles,and on one side of the garden you can have flower bedding dressed with mixed of blue purple flowers, turnips plants, vine , small olive tree,orange tree ? and to the left of the garden you can have where the shed is located, that i feel will give you a true feeling of turkey, outdoor cooking area , a bricked barbecue and a outdoor oven. for the seating area i would insert wooden furniture

Kazuri ha ringraziato ARC Bespoke Interiors
  • Kazuri
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

I really like the idea of the blue and the Turkish Iznik tiles, do you have an idea where to get them from? I have sourced some beauties in Turkey, but a bit of a challenge to get them over here!

• AMB
    7 anni fa
    Be careful about placing mirrors outdoors. I know they are on trend at the moment but birds are known to fly into them. If you don't have a lot of birds around, or if you place it low down or close to the house then the risk is small.
  • PRO
    ARC Bespoke Interiors
    7 anni fa

Yes, i know right place, This is a turkish tile and natural stone supplier that i use and highly recommend , they have great products and a very good high standard service, Global Natural Stone LTD,15a Raven rd,South WoodFord ,E18 1HB www.globaltiledistribution.com, If you have any enquires Call: 0208 505 2001 Ask for Mahfuz Quote ref: Adnan recommended you for tiling and natural stone

• PRO
    Primrose
    7 anni fa

Hiya, we've written a useful article on whether it's safe to have garden mirrors outside . The short answer is that you can avoid harming wild birds very easily if you place your garden mirror in the right place.

• PRO
    ARC Bespoke Interiors
    7 anni fa

has anybody thought about non harmless products, Plastic, i am positive there are plastic mirrors ? and you can put them any where want

• PRO
    ARC Bespoke Interiors
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

Article on, Avoid direct sun light is also a useful advise too, by primrose .com

• PRO
    Garden Design Guru
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

Painting or otherwise covering the red brick wall is essential as red brick has England written all over it and won't allow a Turkish style to stand out. Different levels seem to very intrinsic to the Turkish style as do the tiles. Sourcing something authentic would seem like a very worthwhile expense.

You may not know that there is a Turkish Garden at HRH Prince of Wales residence at Highgrove House (above) and if you haven't seen it already a visit there would be a very good research mission.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".