Houzz Logo Print
karen_manderson

Carpet or solid wood floor

We are planning to either fit a new carpet or install solid wood flooring. The room is 12 metres long 5 metres wide and at one end is dining area and the other is the living area with an open gas fire in a pillar which divides the two areas. Which do you think would be best

Commenti (10)

• PRO
    Space Alchemy Interior Design
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

I think the style and shape of the space would lend itself beautifully to wooden floor which would complement the feature wall very well with a large rug under the coffee table for coziness.

You might also wish to look at using engineered wooden flooring over solid wooden flooring.

Hope that helps :)

• highwoodhouse
    7 anni fa

I would choose a wooden floor with a large rug at the living end - best of both worlds?

• PRO
    Timber Master LTD
    7 anni fa

We agree with everyone else :-) wooden floors in a tone that would work with the stone feature wall and then a big rug for the seating area. Carpet where people are eating is not very hygienic and can become dirty quickly with dropped food etc.

• PRO
    Woodpecker Flooring
    7 anni fa

Hi Karen, as the room is a fab 12 metres long, we think it would really lend itself to wood flooring with you being able to get long rows of planks down the length. The style of the space too, with the bare stone and cosy atmosphere will work with the traditional feel of wood flooring. And of course, wood is a lot more hygienic than carpet for a dining area. We suggest going for an antique-style floor with lots of character in a warm tone. Here are some ideas below and we hope it all goes well for you.

Berkeley Natural Oak: https://woodpeckerflooring.co.uk/product/berkeley-natural-oak/

Berkeley Burnt: https://woodpeckerflooring.co.uk/product/berkeley-burnt-oak/

Berkeley Smoked: https://woodpeckerflooring.co.uk/product/berkeley-smoked-oak/

Free samples of these floors are available to order at our website.

• PRO
    Bio Fires
    7 anni fa

We think wood flooring would create a more contemporary cool look.

• PRO
    ARC Bespoke Interiors
    7 anni fa

dark solid wood flooring, something a bit darker to your furniture

• PRO
    Floor Monster
    7 anni fa

Hi Karen,

If your leaning towards wooden flooring we would be more than happy to send you our FREE samples. If you have any queries or any question please do not hesitate to ask you can get in touch via email at info@floormonster.co.uk or you can call us on 0141 887 5698

• Charlotte
    7 anni fa
    Carpet. I think wood would be too cold, especially with the stone wall
  • Maggie Booth
    7 anni fa
    wooden floor with a nice big rug would look gorgeous
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".