Houzz Logo Print
isidora_markovic90

Showers - overhead or detachable?

In my experience this small but significant difference is one that tends to split opinion! Some prefer detachable because they are more adjustable (and - for me - mean I can easily wash just my hair without getting drenched!), but others find overhead to be more efficient as they tend to have a bigger surface area for water to pour down from, which can mean quicker showers!

Eaton Place · Maggiori informazioni

Houzzers - which wins it for you?

Both!
I'm more of a bath person myself
Other - tell us below!

Commenti (17)

• PRO
    Parker Bathrooms & Kitchens
    7 anni fa

we agree with Minnie, a handset is invaluable in a shower space. p.s. the Fiora shower tray and matching basin are just as stunning up close

• PRO
    BigBathroomShop
    7 anni fa

Both definitely! A detachable shower head provides an easy way to rinse and clean around your shower, and an overhead shower creates a refreshing showering experience.

• Lauren
    7 anni fa

The fixed ones don't allow for cleaning baby/kids so it seems rather form over function to me.

• PRO
    Bath-Accessories
    7 anni fa

We will recommend both! Overhead showers are really great, but imagine when you have little children...you know how they HATE to wash their hair? :) It will be quite easy to take shower them with detachable showers. Also, it is easy to clean your bathroom with detachable shower.

• Susanne
    7 anni fa

Not having a detachable shower would put me off buying a house!

• User
    7 anni fa
    If you need a detachable one if you have an overhead one, why have an overhead one at all? It would suggest they're excess to requirements and a bit of a non starter.
  • sarahhancock212
    7 anni fa
    An overhead drenching shower is bliss for relaxing (oh, and getting clean) and the detachable one is for children's hair, cleaning and any bits that may need a closer stream of water. Both for me, every time.
  • J&R K
    7 anni fa

We are currently making this decision ourselves as part of our own renovation. I can understand that an overhead shower gives more of a feeling of luxury, but for me the detachable is the essential for all the reasons others have mentioned, and the overhead is just an optional extra.

• PRO
    Reniam Limited
    7 anni fa

Nothing like a rainfall shower, but hand shower gets you squeaky clean

• Isidora Markovic
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

I agree - detachable is definitely the more versatile so more functional, but I wouldn't say no to both!

• PRO
    Soak Bathrooms
    7 anni fa

Both are great, but if youve got the power the rain showers are lovely

• PRO
    Vivienne Lawson
    7 anni fa

Overhead for a wonderful shower experience and detachable to clean the shower!

• barbara birkbeck white
    7 anni fa

Both without question. Having recently replaced my bathroom, I treated myself to both. A bath is my number one choice for relaxation. An overhead shower is a wonderful (and quicker) way to start the day. The handheld addition is great for a hair wash while luxuriating in the tub and makes cleaning a snap.

• Isidora Markovic
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

@barbara birkbeck white - wow what a gorgeous bathroom you have!

• PRO
    ITFITZ
    7 anni fa

We like both overhead and detachable shower showers. We have a new range on our site, take a look!

• PRO
    LUSSO
    7 anni fa

Hi all here is our new range of shower sets. what are your opinions.

LUSSO STONE NOIR LUXE MATT BLACK SHOWER SET WITH THERMOSTATIC VALVE AND HAND-HEL · Maggiori informazioni

LUSSO STONE NOIR LUXE MATT BLACK SHOWER SET WITH THERMOSTATIC VALVE AND HAND-HEL · Maggiori informazioni

LUSSO STONE NOIR MIA MATT BLACK SHOWER SET WITH THERMOSTATIC VALVE AND HAND-HELD · Maggiori informazioni

LUSSO STONE NOIR MIA MATT BLACK SHOWER SET WITH THERMOSTATIC VALVE AND HAND-HELD · Maggiori informazioni

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".