Houzz Logo Print
jonathandb1972

American Style Fridges- yes or no

Jonathan
7 anni fa
Are these a design necessity in your kitchen or do you think that building units around them them is like using an expensive picture surround to frame a heating vent?
Do you prefer your fridge to be hidden behind a cabinet door or do you need to know where you left your fridge at all times?
Do you love their looks or loath them?
Just a bit of fun- You have your say.
Big fridge for me
Integrated looks better
I have no fridge and keep my milk on the radiator

Commenti (19)

• Jonathan
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    Comment above appears to be spam
  • Jonathan
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    I agree Emmeline- in fact I think that integrated larder fridges have more cooling space inside than most of the American style fridges.
  • PRO
    Clover Kitchens
    7 anni fa

Always integrated.

We mainly sell modern handleless kitchens so integrated fits best with this look. We do lots of 178cm tall fridge and freezer pairs from Mainly Miele but also from Siemens.

Jonathan ha ringraziato Clover Kitchens
  • PRO
    Oasys Property Solutions
    7 anni fa

Integrated for me for a much sleeker appearance

96HR Extensions, remodelling & refurbishment · Maggiori informazioni

Jonathan ha ringraziato Oasys Property Solutions
  • Dundrum 16
    7 anni fa
    Small under counter fridge in kitchen for milk, etc. and an American fridge freezer in the utility room.
    Jonathan ha ringraziato Dundrum 16
  • calwadd
    7 anni fa

Small under counter fridge and large larder/pantry with natural air vent on North wall. Surely it doesn't make sense to waste so much energy artificially cooling a huge space and excess food, whilst overheating the atmosphere? Not to mention the pollutants. Let's revive the Pantry!

Jonathan ha ringraziato calwadd
  • Sven
    7 anni fa

The problem with American size fridges is that most British houses and kitchens are far too small for them. So many look like someone has dumped a large black wardrobe in the kitchen. I have actually seen them block doors as the owners wanted an American style fridge but did not think about how it would fit.

Jonathan ha ringraziato Sven
  • Sonia
    7 anni fa

My fridge/freezer is a retro style one by Gorenje, very similar styling to Smeg but half the price! People always comment on it. However, one thing I would love is the ice/cold water dispenser popular on the American fridges. It's the perfect way to have a cold drink. My step daughter has one. Her kitchen is enormous and the fridge does not look out of place in it.

Jonathan ha ringraziato Sonia
  • PRO
    Stripes of Essex
    7 anni fa

I would have said integrated 6 months ago, I have always has integrated appliances.

My main concern with the American fridge freezer was the lack of storage on the slimmer freezer side.

And the depth that they protrude from a standard kitchen.

Then I discovered Fisher & Paykel. I have opted for the American look with 2x fridge freezer side by side. Using their connection kit and surround. I couldn't be happier.

Jonathan ha ringraziato Stripes of Essex
  • angelboyman
    7 anni fa

Similarly to above, I'm opting for a full sized fridge connected to a full size freezer, rather than an 'American' fridge freezer. I'd rather have them on show than integrated as I feel it breaks up too many cupboard doors. It almost mimics the area around the range, again like the picture above (Stripes of Essex), and ties in the entire kitchen design.

Jonathan ha ringraziato angelboyman
  • Emma Beckwith
    7 anni fa
    I'm having the exact dilemma at the moment as I wanted a large integrated fridge freezer as I prefer it to look like part of the cupboards, however I love having the water and ice dispenser on the American fridge freezers. Does anyone know if you can get an internal dispenser or anything on an integrated fridge freezer?
    Jonathan ha ringraziato Emma Beckwith
  • simon99999
    7 anni fa

Bring back larders, a naturally cool space. American style fridges are too big and to my eye have an ill fitted look; why spend time and money on a sleek run of cabinets only to have a something that protrudes out in to the room?

Jonathan ha ringraziato simon99999
  • PRO
    Oasys Property Solutions
    7 anni fa

Emma, it is possible to have an integrated freezer with water/ice dispenser, but they are extremely pricey. Miele and Gagganau are two brands that offer.

Countryside View - bulthaup b3 kitchen · Maggiori informazioni

The Miele model is the Miele F 1472 Vi.

Jonathan ha ringraziato Oasys Property Solutions
  • Tea
    7 anni fa

I love big American fridge freezers! I am American and coudn't live without one!

Jonathan ha ringraziato Tea
  • d sen
    7 anni fa

If you really want the American style fridge get the best and therefore show it off, spending a substantial sum you need to see it - £2000 of notes stacked up, absolutely great!

Jonathan ha ringraziato d sen
  • PRO
    Bespoke Kitchen Studios
    7 anni fa

Separate full height integrated fridge and freezer have more capacity space than an American Style Fridge Freezer.

Jonathan ha ringraziato Bespoke Kitchen Studios
  • d sen
    7 anni fa

The kitchen space and family requirements would normally dictate which fridge design you require. In my case, lack of low level and no high level cupboards (would be hidden, but reduced capacity and expensive), and only 2 adults, but with a separate free corner to SHOW OFF the American unit.

Has to be a personal choice if affordable.

Jonathan ha ringraziato d sen
  • Jonathan
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

I have just had a look at the poll and am surprised that 128 people voted for the big fridge where 117 voted that integrated looks better.

I also love that 3 people keep their milk on the radiator!

Thanks to everyone who took part

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".