Houzz Logo Print
mren50

Lots of good design elements. Wondering the type of wood used?

Koslowski Residence · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (5)

• PRO
    Pro Care Horticultural Services
    7 anni fa

Good morning Michael,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The finish wood that you see is all rough Cedar. It's important to realize that the actual planter boxes or soil containers are initially made from to 2 x 12 pressure-treated lumber to insure longevity then wrapped in the cedar for appearance purposes. If we can be of further assistance please don't hesitate to ask.

• PRO
    Michael Renaud @ Closet Factory Sacramento
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Thank you so much for the reply. I never would have known that there was pressure treated wood under the cedar. Those planters will last a long time.

• PRO
    7 anni fa

Actually there's is also an inner frame of Styrofoam and a polypropylene fabric on the inside of the pressure-treated lumber called "TYPAR" that helps to separate the soil mix from the treated planter frames. These items will help with freeze and thaw expansion and contraction as well as encouraging the planing of the water away from the inner wood frames. We do attempt to be as thorough as possible in creating an environment that has longevity as well as a purpose.

• PRO
    Michael Renaud @ Closet Factory Sacramento
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

That kind of design detail just proves that you folks are one of the best. Those planting boxes should be around until someone decides they don't want them anymore. Great work!

• PRO
    7 anni fa

Thanks Michael

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".