Houzz Logo Print
dvs90210

Dropped ceiling- need urgent help

Deepak Shinde
7 anni fa
Hello
We have a new construction going on.
We took a small idea from one of the pictures on houzz.com and planned a dropped ceiling in the kitchen over the Island. We paid for this(500$).
Not a lot considering the total cost of the house.
However we are very confused if this is a design disaster. Our initial plan was to put pendants in the middle and 4 recessed lights at the corners.
Please advise. I could ask the builder to cut it off now. See attached picture.
The ceiling is 9'.
Style is transitional.
Thanks

Commenti (11)

• Deepak Shinde
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

That,s the problem.I cherry picked that part from another house which had extensive soffits with decorative pieces installed in them. And I came to know later I cannot do rest of the plan as my walls are 9'( the other house was at least 10').

• Bailey R
    7 anni fa

Looks odd to me, I'd remove it.

• apple_pie_order
    7 anni fa

Remove it. That kind of box is often used as a coverup for previous structures, clearly not the case with a nice new house.

• Lisa G
    7 anni fa

I would definitely remove it. Usually dropped ceiling areas are only there to hide things like electrical or duct work. I wouldn't put one there on purpose.

• PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    7 anni fa

Oh dear, yeah you have to take that off while you can.

• leelee
    7 anni fa

I can't see the purpose of the dropped ceiling. You did a niche in reverse. This can only be limiting to your choices and a bit of an eyesore. It really does need to go. You won't regret it.

• Judy Mishkin
    7 anni fa

undo while its inexpensive, but don't feel bad. its good to be attracted to interesting *different* ideas, and also good (maybe even better) to know instinctively that its not going to work. a relatively small price for a great learning experience.

• smileythecat
    7 anni fa

You caught in it in time, I would remove it as well. Inexpensive misstep, no big deal.

• Deepak Shinde
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    Thanks a lot for your inputs. I will be contacting the builder soon. He is a great guy.
  • PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    7 anni fa

Remove it !

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".