Houzz Logo Print
tboneranch

Our Red Front Entry Door

tboneranch
7 anni fa
I would like our front entry to make a big statement. I am thinking about extending the red paint color to include the side lights and transom. Is that a good idea and if so, should we leave the white trim around it?

Commenti (17)

• PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    7 anni fa

Patrick is right on the money.

tboneranch ha ringraziato 123 Remodeling Inc.
  • Patricia Bisignano
    7 anni fa
    Definitely leave the trim white. It makes the red pop and looks good with your white trimmed windows. I love red doors. Very nice.
    tboneranch ha ringraziato Patricia Bisignano
  • jck910
    7 anni fa

Leave trim white but you could use red pots instead of black

tboneranch ha ringraziato jck910
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 anni fa

I think big black planters would help make the door pop no to painting the trim

tboneranch ha ringraziato Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • Patricia Bisignano
    7 anni fa
    I agree with Patricia, big black planters. Don't be shy
  • Kris Mays
    7 anni fa

Keep trim white.

• Patricia Bisignano
    7 anni fa
    Hmmmm, my previous post with the picture didn't post correctly. Only part of it posted. I just wanted to say you've made a statement with the red door so don't be shy, go all the way. The small pots look timid. Maybe a brass door knocker? And the picture is of a doormat. I wouldn't do any smaller than a 48 inch wide. But that would really pull your entry together. I know you were just asking about the trim color , so I hope you don't mind the other suggestions.
  • e p
    7 anni fa

I'd split the difference - leave the white trim to match the window trims, but paint the side light panels and the trim piece framing the transom red.

tboneranch ha ringraziato e p
  • tboneranch
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

I appreciate all advice, so thank you. I do plan to get larger pots and I have a door knocker that we have not hung yet. We are repainting the door first. (we are still working on the house and haven't moved in yet) Thank you for the door mat advice; I will remember the size when I shop for one. The one in the picture is just one I had on hand to keep the dirt traffic down.

• tboneranch
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

How would it look if the white trim between the door and the side lights were painted red and leave all the rest white? I love the look of extra wide entry doors so would that give that effect?

• Patricia Bisignano
    7 anni fa
    Great suggestion Eden! I really love the transom trim red. Perfect.
  • PRO
    Bridges MR
    7 anni fa

I agree with Patrick A. Finn, Ltd and 123 Remodeling Inc. The rule of thumb is you need the trim to act like a picture frame around the doors and windows. Personally, you can paint the transom and the side door lights red as they showed in the picture.

tboneranch ha ringraziato Bridges MR
  • Patricia Bisignano
    7 anni fa
    I don't think you would be making your door look any wider if you painted the side light trim red. It's the overall look you want to focus on, and that red trim at the top pulls it together perfectly.
  • grapefruit1_ar
    7 anni fa

I would paint it all red. The white " framing" looks off.

• tboneranch
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

My idea was to paint everything red except the white trim around the outside. I don't know how to use the sketching tool to try that. I really appreciate all your input.

• tatts
    7 anni fa

The white frame looks uninspired. It looks like you replaced the door and didn't bother to do anything else. I don't think white belongs there at all. What e.p. did in his sample looks better, but the white is now outlining things in a manner that's not at all interesting.

Likewise, I don't think the white on the window trim looks right with that wall color (but you probably have white windows that would be a bear to paint even if you painted the trim another color).

Go bold or go home. All red.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".