Houzz Logo Print
absblalock21

Is that copper around the edge of the upper roof as well?

Abbey
7 anni fa
I am building a prairie style home that has less pitch on the roof towards the eaves and I'm told I need metal roofing below the shingles where the pitch goes to 2/12. I have not see anything with that design previously. Wondering if this would be similar as I like the look here.
Wellesley House 1 · Maggiori informazioni

Commento (1)

• PRO
    Morehouse MacDonald & Associates, Inc. Architects
    7 anni fa

Hello - while there are built-in copper gutters on the upper roofs, the lower sloped roof material is red cedar shingles. It is correct that you need metal/copper roofing on a 2/12 roof pitch - while I haven't seen the design of your project, I will say that a few feet of copper roofing at the eaves is not unprecedented. There are many homes in northern climates that used metal at the eaves to mitigate ice dams. That is less of an issue today with the great insulation options available to us. It is certainly aesthetically acceptable to use the copper for the lower 2/12 roof and transition to your other roof material where it changes pitch… if you want to send me the elevations of your project, I could take a quick look and advise you from there. My email is :jsm@morehousemacdonald.com.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".