Houzz Logo Print
kyla33

Front garden & porch help 1930's Semi

kyla33
7 anni fa
Ultima modifica:7 anni fa

I have been pondering over our dilemma for several months and have finally decided I need other peoples help.

We purchased our 1930's semi over 3 years ago but after extending out to the side we cant decide on what to do with the porch & front door area. It originally had a 1970's glass porch, which we pulled down.

I also cant decide on the front garden. It needs to have parking for 2 cars but still want a garden with scrubs and trees.

Cant seem to find anywhere any ideas to keep the 1930s feel but with a modern twist. Dont want a brick built in porch as would like to keep the front doorway open.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received

Commenti (3)

• Joanna C
    7 anni fa
    To add greenery you could have a small tree at the front of the plot, away from the house, add climbers on the front wall + a pot or two by the front door.
  • Joanna C
    7 anni fa
    PS and get a bin enclosure built
    kyla33 ha ringraziato Joanna C
  • PRO
    Matt Nichol Garden Design Ltd.
    7 anni fa

Hi there. I can understand your dilemma as there are a lot of tricky elements to consider in your garden with slopes, pillars and retaining walls. At the moment it looks like your driveway has an awkward change in level. You might want to consider excavating this upper level to leave you with a larger continuous area for two cars. You would then need to think about how to deal with the extra steps needed to reach the front door. I would get rid of the red brick pillars and think about widening the driveway entrance to make it easier for 2 cars. Also, as the above comment mentioned, think about how to hide the bins! Hope that helps!

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".