Houzz Logo Print
jlauricourt

Help Bungalow Extension

Jen Lance
7 anni fa
my husband and I are planning to add an extension to our bungalow. we will be demolishing the current conservatory and sun room to make room for this. we are unsure wether to have two seperate extensions (one at rear and one on the right hand side) or a complete L shape. we hope to make room for a kitchen at the rear dining area and lounge. please see my mock designs. any advice would be appreciated. please note the original living area will become two rooms and the stairs will be moved to the original kitchen. we may also remove the wall between the sun room and kitchen for more space.

Commenti (16)

• PRO
    Terra Firma Gardens
    7 anni fa
    I like the one you have done in blue, it's creates an expansive space that will become the hub of the house.
  • Susan
    7 anni fa
    Yes the blue one. Are you going to make space for a cloakroom?
  • minnie101
    7 anni fa

Hi. How many bedrooms do you have upstairs and what do you need as it potentially looks a little top heavy on sleeping space on the face of it?

• Jen Lance
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    Thank you for the comments. There are two rooms in the loft. we are adding extra rooms for future investment. however as we have no children currently we will not be using them as bedrooms at the moment. we may consider using the two of the downstairs rooms as an office and snug. any suggestions? we are open to suggestions for all rooms downstairs including what the space where the kitchen is currently could become and the extension.
  • Susan
    7 anni fa
    As long as you have enough bathrooms to match the potential future occupants I think it will work. Plus, like you said you can use the downstairs rooms for something other than bedrooms.
  • Jen Lance
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    possibly a cloak area under or next to the stairs.
  • Jen Lance
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    thanks susan. we will have an extra bathroom upstairs. do you have any suggestions for layout of extension and maybe suggestions for use of other rooms?
  • A B
    7 anni fa
    What do you mean by future investment? Renting the rooms out individually? 6 bedrooms seems like a lot for only 1 reception space. I prefer option 2 but keeping the large living room at the front.
  • Dundrum 16
    7 anni fa
    Are you sure building regs will permit you having stairs open plan from the kitchen up to sleeping accommodation?
  • Jonathan
    7 anni fa
    Why do you have to move the stairs?
    Also are you extending behind the kitchen for any particular reason? If you consider where the sun is in your garden and the shape of the back garden where is the best place for an extension?
    Also how much room do you have at the side? Is it going to make a narrow living room? Since this will be a family sized house when you are finished would you be better having a garage on the side?
  • Jen Lance
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    the narrow living room did concern me. any advice for the best layout would be appreciated.
  • minnie101
    7 anni fa

Hi Jen. Do you also have an upstairs plan and someone may be able to help ideally with dimensions? Using your 2nd plan you could keep the stairs where they are and make B2 the hall with B1 being a snug. Or move the front door a little to make the snug a bit bigger. Do you want a utility which may be a requirement for a bigger family home?

• Jen Lance
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    hi minnie that sounds like a good idea. where would you suggest locating a laundry room? also what would you suggest we use the space where the original kitchen is for?
  • Jen Lance
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    I have created a few possible layouts.
    k-kitchen
    L-living room
    L-laundry room
    C-closet

i have also included some internal walls, a round dining table, an Lshape sofa and a kitchen island.
  • Jonathan
    7 anni fa
    Alternative idea
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".