Houzz Logo Print
skateboardstickers

Wondering what to put around this plant?

I'd like to surround it with some kind of brick effect but not sure what. Any ideas?

Commenti (5)

• PRO
    Matt Nichol Garden Design Ltd.
    7 anni fa

Hi

The Cordyline you have planted will get a bit taller over time so you could put a hard detail around the base of it, but I'd be tempted to by three small ground cover shrubs that will tolerate the shade. Perhaps something like Hebe rakaiensis or Euonymus 'Emerald n Gold'. These will naturally spread and create a lower level of interest and just grow over the gravel area in a neat ring. They can also be pruned to keep the shape. If you wanted to go a bit more formal, you could plant a ring (square or circle) of Buxus sempervirens.

Hope that helps.

• PRO
    User
    7 anni fa

I think i'd be tempted to put in a raised bed against the house. Extra alpines and grasses in the lower bed and then carry on the theme with some low level plants in the upper raised bed. I'd steer away from pots as a lot of plants just don't tolerate them well, but most will do really well in a better bed of soil.

• ehowick
    7 anni fa

Personally I would soften it with planting but otherwise you could lay a nice circle of stones around the cordyline or random rocks to provide interest?

• Jonathan
    7 anni fa
    I also think you need more planting which would negate the need for brickwork
  • PRO
    Pat Oliver Interior Design
    7 anni fa

You could replant the cordyline into a tall pot and surround it with trailing ivy and bedding plants- -pink begonias and white trailing lobelia for summer and cyclamens for winter.

The corners of your plot can be dug over in a quadrant shape, planted with lime green dwarf conifers surrounded by purple heucheras.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".