Houzz Logo Print
braveheart2015

Can you name this granite?

Hi, I really liked this granite in a friends home, but no one knows its name.

It has brown swirls and shiny sparkles and off white background.It looked gorgeous against white cabinets.

Commenti (15)

• mark_rachel
    7 anni fa

Looks like Alaska White

• Patti
    7 anni fa

I was thinking Alaska White, too, but there is also an Alaska Cream that might be closer.

• mrspete
    7 anni fa

I also thought "Alaska White" immediately. It's easy to see why this is a popular granite.

• friedajune
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

Alaska White or Bianco Romano, which is very similar.

Edit: Meant to write "Bianco Antico", not Bianco Romano (thanks to Katieleabrown86's post below which made me realize).

• Pensacola PI
    7 anni fa

Sharp looking granite.

• johnsoro25
    7 anni fa

I have Alaska White. It is a gorgeous stone, looks great with white cabs. I would start your search there for sure.

• braveheart2015
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Thanks everyone.!

• katieleabrown86
    7 anni fa

I used one like that on my outdoor kitchen called bianco antico. It had little sparkly pieces of mica or something.

• sarahsocal
    7 anni fa

We have similar granite (hope the picture of our slab comes through). Our was called "Copenhagen" and has less grey.

I love love love it.

• cpartist
    7 anni fa

And why would you say that quartz is more durable?

• friedajune
    7 anni fa

K&D Countertops - I have a good friend with Alaska White granite like what is pictured in this thread. She has teenage boys who are not at all careful. In addition, she cooks daily and is not careful with her granite counters. I can attest that her granite after 4 years looks like the day it was installed. It is also beautiful. Before you make sweeping statements like you just have, you should be better educated about the durability of granite. While some granites are more fragile, you should know--since you classified yourself as a "Pro"--that there are thousands of granites available, and many have low absorption rates and are extremely durable. Quartz is certainly not "a much more durable material" than granite as you put it.

• practigal
    7 anni fa

That stone is on display at my local Home Depot and it is called Bianco Antico there. Put simply, it is gorgeous! I wonder if it depends upon the part of the country you're in as to the name it gets.

• PRO
    Gatesman Kitchen & Bath
    7 anni fa

We used to have a display in our showroom that was similar to this but slightly warmer in overall tone. It was Star Beach Granite. If you are looking for a lot of sparkle Star Beach is a good stone to look at. Ours came from Mont Surfaces.

• mark_rachel
    7 anni fa

As a general rule for granite the lighter it is the more porous it can be. That's not always the case. Granite can be VERY durable and stand up to any quartz countertop. I'm not a fan of quartz for the most part. I would choose granite 9/10 times over quartz.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".