Houzz Logo Print
martinca_gw

In Trees , Lawn , Twinkle Lights for Party?

martinca_gw sunset zone 24
7 anni fa
Ultima modifica:7 anni fa

We have low voltage landscape lighting, but how to add other lighting when electrical is too far away? For parties, I'd like to add Japanese lanterns and twinkle lights in trees , without ugly extension cords. Is there such a thing as an auxiliary battery for lighting? I am clueless. TIA

Commenti (15)

• arcy_gw
    7 anni fa

There are solar possibilities for sure...batteries seem possible. I know the flame-less candles in mason jars are battery operated. They are also solar powered.

• scone911
    7 anni fa

Battery operated LED fairy lights. :)

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Thank you, but I really dislike LED . :( Even the " warm" ones wouldn't match our low voltage lights...they look like weak lemonade. I want to use our existing Christmas string lights .

• maddielee
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

If you're going to use your plug in Christmas lights your options are extension cord or noisy generator.

martinca_gw sunset zone 24 ha ringraziato maddielee
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks so much, maddielee. I was just hoping there was some electric batrtery thing I was unaware of. Nada, as I was afraid.

• graywings123
    7 anni fa

You could run a set of lights off a car-type battery with an inverter.

martinca_gw sunset zone 24 ha ringraziato graywings123
  • homepro01
    7 anni fa

You could use something like a Goal Zero. Depends on how long you need to run the lights and the wattage that the lights consumes.

martinca_gw sunset zone 24 ha ringraziato homepro01
  • patty_cakes42
    7 anni fa

I think it was Walmart where I purchased the battery operated lights a couple of years ago. They're the regular little mini lights and sell out very quickly. I use themin my antique booth.

martinca_gw sunset zone 24 ha ringraziato patty_cakes42
  • PRO
    Landis Garden Design
    7 anni fa

If you bury your extension cords in conduit along the edge of your planting beds or patio space you can run your electric to wherever you need it in the yard, without seeing cords.

martinca_gw sunset zone 24 ha ringraziato Landis Garden Design
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Patty - cakes, do you know the brand of your little lights? Thank you, landis. Yep, can do that, but just wondered if there was another way.

• czarinalex
    7 anni fa

As greywings said above...

You can get an ac power inverter. This attaches to a car or marine battery and has a few plugs for your lights. There are different wattage sizes.. I'm guessing christmas lights don't draw a lot of juice. You'd have to recharge the battery as well.

martinca_gw sunset zone 24 ha ringraziato czarinalex
  • k9arlene
    7 anni fa

Google battery operated string lights.

martinca_gw sunset zone 24 ha ringraziato k9arlene
  • litasart
    7 anni fa

We found solar lights for our front porch. They are a nice white not to warm. I believe we ordered them through Woot on sale, you could probably find them online through another vendor.

martinca_gw sunset zone 24 ha ringraziato litasart
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".