Houzz Logo Print
abenson1299

Master Bath - Makeup Vanity or Double Sinks?

Alyssa E
7 anni fa

We are remodeling our small master bath and will hopefully have room for a larger vanity. I have always done my makeup sitting down and would love to have a single sink with a vanity and stool. However, I'm not sure how this will look and if it detracts future sellers. Advice please! Also, i believe our toilet would sit next to the counter, would you suggest putting the makeup vanity closer to the toilet, or have it against the wall?

Thanks!

Commenti (15)

• acm
    7 anni fa

How soon do you expect to sell? if in the next few years, then a double sink will generally be more desirable than the seated vanity (except in a few regions, mostly south). otherwise, do what you like so you can enjoy it while it's yours, and let somebody else redesign if they want to.

• leelee
    7 anni fa

Ha! Yes, southern women take so much time with their make-up that they must sit to apply it or they'll get a case of the vapors.

Definitely two sinks. Buy a small make-up table for the bedroom.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 anni fa

I do not know anyone that sits to put on makeup they stand at the mirror and thats it. so my vote double sinks which also in my world are never used who wants to brush their teeth with someone else I would choose more counter in a perfect world

• PRO
    Kelli Kaufer Designs
    7 anni fa

I don't know how much space you have but you could put up a wall between the seated vanity and toilet.

Powder Rooms & Small Bath Ideas · Maggiori informazioni

• Alyssa E
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Thanks! I've always sat to do my makeup, I'm not southern and am usually in and out in 15 minutes, so I don't know where I got it from. There's just something about standing at 5am trying to do makeup that never appealed to me. We would be in this house for at least 5 years. I know its not the best look, but it would make me the happiest. I'll have to look into if we can fit one in the bedroom instead, just don't want to disturb my hubby on the rare occasion he sleeps later than me. Appreciate the advice!

• PRO
    Kelli Kaufer Designs
    7 anni fa

Done right, it could look really nice!!!

• PRO
    Design Inside - Milwaukee Interior Designers
    7 anni fa

Have to agree with acm, and I love the image Kelli Kaufer Designs found.

• bradley_amber
    7 anni fa
    I did the seated vanity rather than the double sink. I have always thought double sinks were a waste of space. do you want two toilets in there as well? No! lol just wait the two to four minutes to use the sink, it works fine in our house. my vanity area has storage for makeup and outlets for blow dryer, etc. Keeps everything less cluttered.
  • bradley_amber
    7 anni fa
    Also, my toilet is near the vanity, but there is a wall in-between so that I don't have to look at it.
  • suzanne_m
    7 anni fa

My vote is for 2 sinks too. If you are going to build a make-up vanity, just make it is wide enough so you don't hit your elbow on a wall or a higher counter top while you apply your mascara.

• PRO
    OasisDesign&Remodeling
    7 anni fa
    I sit to put on makeup & hair, but I have a vanity in BR TO do it. Too much humidity leftover in bathroom to do makeup & hair. Can you squeeze one in the BR or another area??? Think out of the box on this. Even consider a closet, but best light is natural light at a window.
  • PRO
    Kitchens Plus
    7 anni fa

We seem to remove the sitting areas with most renovations; clients who have them no longer want them and choose to add the second sink. For resale and added value most prospective buyers get excited about two sinks. However, this is your home and I suggest making it fit your needs and desire first and foremost. Next person will be thrilled to see a new bathroom regardless.

• emilywouldgo
    4 anni fa

Great feedback everyone, this is so helpful! I've been on the fence. I've always had the thought that the double sink would be better for resale and it's nice to hear from those who are working with many clients and confirming. Also, the humidity comment from Oasis is a great point. Gotta remember to instal a good fan!

• Tara
    4 anni fa

Carve out a small section in your bedroom for a dressing table. It need not be large or overly "girly". It's so much better than leaning across the bathroom counter to be close enough to the mirror to see to put on your eyeliner. And as Oasis said, the heat and humidity and lighting is not very good for putting on makeup and doing your hair.

Edwardian House Fulham · Maggiori informazioni

Victorian country cottage · Maggiori informazioni

Mews House, South Kensington · Maggiori informazioni

AND there will be no arguments because you're hogging the bathroom when getting ready for work.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".