Houzz Logo Print
nkaur54

how to get a neat finish from tiles/wood flooring

NYC
7 anni fa

hi

i am extending my kitchen into a kitchen/diner, i want to use patterned tiles flooring but not all over as it will be cold on the feet, ideally i would like to combine with wood flooring (worse case tiled wood effect flooring).

is it possible to get a neat and professional transition between the flooring without using strips and how?

Commenti (6)

• PRO
    FNFC Architects
    7 anni fa

You can leave a gap between the 2 materials as per picture, or in the gap add a metal profile

• NYC
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

looks neat - thank you

• Ron Curry
    7 anni fa

if you have the skills and experience you could router out the wood flooring to overlap the tile.

• NYC
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

hi The Tannyoky Flooring Company

This sounds perfect - are the vinyl tiles warmer on the feet than wood? or can they be used with underfloor heating?

i like the white oak flooring and will consider it - much appreciated and link to website,

• PRO
    The Tannyoky Flooring Company
    7 anni fa
    We have underfloor heating at home with this floor and as long as you use the right adhesive you should be fine. Getting your sub floor correct and using an expert fitter is defiantly worth it.
    NYC ha ringraziato The Tannyoky Flooring Company
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".