Houzz Logo Print
dnkln2005

Help with grout color in powder room

dnkln2005
7 anni fa
We're putting down marble floors in powder room. We have same type of marble in master bath but in different shape. I can't decide on grout color for powder because I read its best to go with darker color in higher traffic areas which I anticipate this will be the main bath to be used by guests. I've narrowed down to either Platinum or Delorean Gray. The powder bath tile is 12x12 and has some grays but more brownish cream/tan color than I would've liked. Do you think sticking in the gray family would look weird? I plan to paint the powder room gray paint.

Commenti (7)

• acm
    7 anni fa

Agree -- I'd want to go even lighter than your options.

dnkln2005 ha ringraziato acm
  • PRO
    Ironwood Builders
    7 anni fa

I would also choose the lighter of the two options you show here. I don't think you will notice any "traffic patterns" in the grout with the varying patterns that are characteristic of the marble tile. I think the gray is fine if that is the color that you would like to pull out of the tile to complement your wall color.

dnkln2005 ha ringraziato Ironwood Builders
  • PRO
    Coates Design Architecture + Interiors
    7 anni fa

The lighter gray would be best for blending in. The darker gray would be too much contrast and would detract from the tiles, which look very nice.

dnkln2005 ha ringraziato Coates Design Architecture + Interiors
  • indybullterrier
    7 anni fa
    This is Delorean Grey with a similar marble to yours. I think the contrast between the grout and the tile highlights the fun shape of the tile, but it really depends on what kind of look you want.
    dnkln2005 ha ringraziato indybullterrier
  • dnkln2005
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

I have the hexagon tiles in my master bath which is grouted already in whisper grey. I'm debating about the marble for powder bath which is square 12x12. I would like to use light grey but I guess I'm worried about using light grey in a high traffic area? I

• PRO
    Flintridge Design Inc.
    7 anni fa

Without question, I would normally side with the lighter, but you bring up a good point regarding the high traffic area. If you use a good sealer I would still be comfortable picking the lighter gray.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".