Houzz Logo Print
ncaruso22

Installing a custom vanity in between two walls.

Nicole Dreyer
7 anni fa

Looking for advice on installing a custom vanity in between two walls in a bathroom remodel. The size for the vanity is 48", do we go with a 36" vanity and have it look more like furniture with space on both sides or do a custom to fit the whole space. If we do a custom 48" vanity, any tips for ensuring a exact fit?

Commenti (8)

• silken1
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

I would rather have the 48" vanity. Make sure your walls are square and plumb! Measure in multiple places to ensure it is the same width and depth everywhere. Or if you can get a 46 or 47 inch vanity, then you could just add a thin filler on each side so its not quite the worry of an exact fit for the vanity. Then get a custom template fitted top for it.

• User
    7 anni fa

With a 48", you get more storage and counter space. It doesn't have to look like a plain box. You can dress it up with feet or a valance bottom to give it more of a furniture look.

Transitional Bathroom · Maggiori informazioni

• User
    7 anni fa

Those inset drawers....sigh...

• PRO
    Built To Perfection Inc.
    7 anni fa

That is beautiful.

• Nicole Dreyer
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    Thanks for the feedback. Can anyone offer advice on sizing fur a wall to wall installation? For instance, if the custom vanity measure 48" what should the distance between the two walls be? 48.5" for a custom fit?
  • MongoCT
    7 anni fa

If it's custom, they can build the carcass but not install the face frame on the carcass. Or they can install all of the face frame except for the stiles. The stiles can be cut say, 1/4" too wide.

Once on site, the carcass is installed, then the stiles can be scribed to fit the side walls. Then the face frame installed.

Nicole Dreyer ha ringraziato MongoCT
  • User
    7 anni fa

We're doing a custom vanity because I want it to go wall to wall, plus get max real estate on top. It will also sit between 2 walls in an alcove.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".