Houzz Logo Print
rhodavgale

our staircase area

Peni 4dem
7 anni fa
Ultima modifica:7 anni fa

We are redecorating which is very exciting but as you know quite daunting. Attached are photos of our dull stairs. The idea is to clad the stairs in oak which will run into the newly installed oak flooring at the bottom of the staircase. We are taking the existing handrail out but will need to replace it.

We are going to line the walls with lining paper to give a smooth finish and the idea is to paint this area.

what would you do to change this space into a lovely entrance to the 2 bedrooms?

i would love to hear from you.

Rhoda

im not sure why the photos aren't attaching - how frustrating

Commenti (17)

• PRO
    Steve Attwell Ironwork
    7 anni fa

I've done quite a lot of replacement handrails and it makes a massive difference to a space that was once a bit dull. There's more stuff on my website. But I usually design something specifically to suit the space. Good luck with the project.

Bodalair House. Hurst · Maggiori informazioni

• Peni 4dem
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Hi Steve your work is fabulous. I will certainly be holding onto your details

Kind regards

Rhoda

• PRO
    Steve Attwell Ironwork
    7 anni fa

Thanks Rhoda

• PRO
    Signature Interiors
    7 anni fa

Hi Rhoda, I'd be happy to help you but really need to see the photos. Could you try uploading again?

Peni 4dem ha ringraziato Signature Interiors
  • PRO
    Create Perfect
    7 anni fa

How exciting. It all sounds very interesting. What style is the property? What colours are the rooms? I still can not see the photo's but it would be lovely to take a look and see if we can help.

If you would like, you can forward them to enquiries@createperfect.co.uk and we can take a quick look for you - we can also upload them for you if you like :)

Good luck.

• Peni 4dem
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Yay I've managed to load the pics.

Thank you you for responding to my plea for help. I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Have a fab day

rhoda

• PRO
    Create Perfect
    7 anni fa
    Great!
    What style are looking to achieve.. What is the rest of the house?
  • Peni 4dem
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

I would like a more modern look but I am bearing in mind that I am wanting to sell in about 3 years time. The lounge has a large (ugly) fireplace and I have 2 large berry coloured (not my choice) 2 seater couches around which I am also try to redecorate. See the pics. We will be putting down oak flooring and obviously lifting the carpet.

So so it's a blank canvas at the moment.

looking forward to hearing from you

Rhoda

• Peni 4dem
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

My home is a simple 2 up 2 down and was by all accounts farm accommodation.

• PRO
    Steve Attwell Ironwork
    7 anni fa

You could strip the stairs back to wood and put small led lights in the risers. That would brighten up the hallway.

• PRO
    Create Perfect
    7 anni fa
    Hi,

Lots of scope in the living area then. Could be a really great space eventually so how very exciting for you.

You definitely need light in that hallway.. So lights up the steps is a great idea whilst you lay the flooring.
    A great statement light in the top would be lovely and inviting.. And can of course be taken with you when you move in a few years.

I always like textured paper so maybe consider that instead of paint. It has a real luxurious contemporary feel with a added depth.

Lastly something to consider maybe lightening the space by not using solid blocks of wood up the stairs.. Consider using paper or paint here too - see pictures

If this were for one of my clients, I would base and change the colours used dependent on the other rooms and ideas you have.

We offer some great affordable packages for single room designs and 3D renders if you need any help in the future.

All the best,
    Gina
  • PRO
    Create Perfect
    7 anni fa
    Sorry - Stairs pictures
  • PRO
    Steve Attwell Ironwork
    7 anni fa

Also, is there a room either side of the stairs or do you have a hallway on one side?

• PRO
    Kalabas Interiors
    7 anni fa

Hi,

Love the Idea's of Create Perfect. Especially the long lamps for in the stairway. The ceilings are high enough to take a beautiful long design.

Good Luck!

• Peni 4dem
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

The 2 rooms at the top of the stairs are bedrooms Steve

• PRO
    Shaw Stairs Ltd
    7 anni fa

Hi there, Take a look at our Profile or website for more ideas on what you could do with your staircase http://www.shawstairs.com/ If you would like to email me some measurements and designs you like I would be happy to get a quote put together for you stairs@shawstairs.com

Kind Regards.. Shaw Stairs Ltd.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".