Houzz Logo Print
sunlightishere

Keep my Dark Cherry Kitchen Cabinets or Paint them?

sunlightishere
7 anni fa
Ultima modifica:7 anni fa

About 4 years ago, my husband and I updated our 1972 kitchen. We put in new cabinets, granite, backsplash, appliances. It seems like I am seeing more and more White, Gray, Navy Blue kitchen cabinets taking over. Are my cabinets considered dated? Should I think about having them painted? What color?

Commenti (6)

• Elle
    7 anni fa

I would leave the cabinets as is and would make any changes to any other things that may not have been updated then, or possibly change the wall color to one that has grayish tones if it would complement everything else (backsplash, floors, etc.)

• volntx52
    7 anni fa
    Yah I agree Change the wall color and maybe another rug for more contrast?
  • Elle
    7 anni fa

That helps that you've since added what you previously updated and a photo.

• Elle
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

I agree with a lighter rug. A silver chandelier and a more updated table centerpiece could look nice as well.

• Connie Stackhouse
    6 anni fa

Personally, I love cherry cabinets and would never paint them. I would not be surprised if all these white and gray kitchens are going back to stained wood in 10 years. Wood never goes out of style. If you have solid wood, quality cabinets, update with wall paint, hardware and accessories, and let the cabinets stand the test of time!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".