pfitz1199

Where can I get the shower door

Pat Fitz
7 anni fa

Commenti (3)

• PRO
    TAS Construction
    7 anni fa

Google glass shower doors. Any local glass company can provide this. YOu can email them this photo if you like the design. Good luck

• loves2read
    7 anni fa
    We had a glass installer out who did a great job on our master shower and they said the couldn't do a hinged door on a tub enclosure...because they couldn't drill a bottom rail into the tub...
    How is yours connected?
    Did they use Laurence clips?
  • PRO
    TAS Construction
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

I would call another glass installer. First off, you do not use bottom rails in seamless glass application, hence the term seamless. A bottom rail could be used and glued to the tub like they did it old school style but again, a bottom rail is never used in this sort of application. Also, a bottom rail collects mold and mildew. Instead, where the glass meets the tub you silicone caulk it. As far as fastening the glass, you'll notice in the picture there are 2 hinge locations at the top and 2 on each side. We were also able to use hinges at the bottom but only bcz there is a quartz slab on top of the tub so we screwed into that. You will want to make sure you have solid framing behind the hinge locations on the wall and ceiling. The installer could also eliminate the small panel on the left side and just hinge the door directly to the wall, if you don't plan on having a slab on top of the tub. This will make the glass more rigid. Hope that makes sense. You could also share this info with the installer.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".