Houzz Logo Print
mcflynn1

Need help selecting backsplash

mcflynn1
7 anni fa

Any suggestions as what type of tile would work well as a back splash with this labradorite aphrodite slab. Considering for something like glass or ceramic subway tile that is easy to clean and LOW maintenance. Small kitchen with tan colored tile and white cabinets. If I went with a subway tile are there any accent tile that you think might work. Appreciate any ideas in advance.

Commenti (16)

• sandradclark
    7 anni fa

Use a standard size off-white porcelain subway tile in a running bond horizontal pattern. If you have a good space above the range change the pattern to a chevron outined with a raised border of the same color tile. Classic timeless & you will never be sorry.

mcflynn1 ha ringraziato sandradclark
  • MotherOfGiants
    7 anni fa
    If your kitchen has a modern feel, go for grey glass subway tile in a stacked pattern. It will let your amazing counter be the star, without looking like everyone else's plain white subway.
    mcflynn1 ha ringraziato MotherOfGiants
  • mcflynn1
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Thanks for your feedback. This is my first post and I am impressed on how thoughtful everyone is. I'm not a designer....

I had to look up stacked and running board patterns.

• Jan
    7 anni fa
    Make sure you can get a piece to take with and match. Or if you are willing to wait till its up and the match.
  • User
    7 anni fa
    I like motherofgiants suggestion best. Simple glass tile, simple pattern. I don't know how large your kitchen is or size of the backsplash areas, but have you considered a larger subway type tile instead of the standard 2x6 (I think that's standard). Maybe 4x12, either stacked or subway offset. It will lessen grout lines and lessen busy-ness. I like the idea of glass, but also an opaque in a medium complementary tone might work. Small grout lines would look simplest.
  • PRO
    McKaad Inside|Outside
    7 anni fa
    I would do black tile to pull out the last black and have black kitchen appliances.
  • Irene Morresey
    7 anni fa
    Some ideas, glazed tile are quite night
  • leelee
    7 anni fa

That's an overpowering granite for a small kitchen. Not sure that it will work with tan floor tiles?

It's easy to be swayed away from what would be the most thoughtful choice and get carried away by a granite that looks amazing.

Definitely no accent tiles with the counters. That would be a mistake.

• leelee
    7 anni fa

Do you have any pictures of your kitchen/floors?

• Kathy
    7 anni fa
    Buffalo Waterfront Condo · Maggiori informazioni

FYI
  • Kathy
    7 anni fa
    Fyi
    Buffalo Waterfront Condo · Maggiori informazioni
  • PRO
    DC interiors
    7 anni fa
    I too, vote for black
  • User
    7 anni fa

Can you share a photo of your cabinets and flooring? It would help to get an image of the entire kitchen.

• mcflynn1
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa
  • User
    7 anni fa

Before you choose your stone, I would make sure that both the floor tile and cabinet color work with the granite. Could you bring a tile and paint sample to the stone yard and take a picture of them together? Seeing all 3 together will help in the selection process. Good luck!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".