Houzz Logo Print
dletz89

Shower tile and tub surround must match?

David Letz
7 anni fa

OK, my eye for design is poor, so my question is...does the tile I use for my shower wall also typically used for my tub surround as well? It was suggested to use gray subway tile in the shower wall, which I am OK with, and to use Arizona Nu Travertine silver matte for the floor, also good with that. Would it look weird to use the Arizona tile instead of the gray subway for the tub surround? I have about 18 inches above the top of the tub for the surround. FWIW, the tub is on the opposite side of the bathroom from the shower. Thanks for your replies.

Commenti (4)

• PRO
    Skydell Contracting Inc.
    7 anni fa

I'm of the mind that all the wall tile in a bathroom should be the same. Nothing is written in stone and you can of course do anything you want in your own home but my suggestion would be to not use the floor tile as wall tile.

• David Letz
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Thank you for the reply. I agree with your opinion.

• PRO
    Anna Hackathorn Interior Design
    7 anni fa

i agree with Skydell Contracting!

• David Letz
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Thanks for your reply. The original bathroom, built in 1989, was white subway in the shower and around the tub. The floor was laminate. I thought it would be best to continue the practice of subway in the shower and tub surround, and do a porcelain tile for the bathroom floor only.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".