Houzz Logo Print
sue_ashmore

do i wnat laminate floating floors?

Sue Ashmore
11 anni fa
have had oak hardwood for 19 years. needs help! can"t be refinished 3/8 " thick it's splintering!

Commenti (6)

• PRO
    Ironwood Builders
    11 anni fa
    After the real thing, you'll never be happy with laminate.
  • Sue Ashmore
    Autore originale
    11 anni fa
    Thank you for your input. I concur, and have a contractor coming tomorow to save my hardwood, I hope! Am not replacing with laminate for sure.
  • PRO
    North Coast Construction, LLC
    11 anni fa
    If saving the hardwood is not an option and you don't want to install new hardwood, you could install a nail down engineered floor. These floors have the same, solid feel of nailed down hardwood and they even have a layer of real wood, unlike laminate. Some can even be refinished. Hardwood floors are my personal preference, but budget limitations or other concerns may make engineered floors worth a look, just don't float them.
  • Sue Ashmore
    Autore originale
    11 anni fa
    can new hardwood be nailed down over existing 3/8 inch hardwood???
  • PRO
    North Coast Construction, LLC
    11 anni fa
    You can, but I wouldn't. I would take the opportunity provided by removing the old hardwood to ensure that the subfloor is sound, flat and squeak free. Only then would I install the new flooring.
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".