Houzz Logo Print
jessefecks

Need chairs for dining table

Jess M
7 anni fa
Ultima modifica:7 anni fa

Dining table · Maggiori informazioni

Dining table · Maggiori informazioni

We bought this Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams dining table and am having a hard time deciding on what chairs to match it with. We were thinking of upholstered chairs for the ends, armless chairs for the middle and possibly a bench. Does the wood colors need to match? The table is an Indonesian Rose Wood so it has a cherry wood like color to it.

Also would like to repaint the room, possibly a lighter gray color.

Commenti (31)

• visualizemaven
    7 anni fa

OMG Mitchell Gold? Stunning.

Just go ask them!

Why do you want to change the wall color? I think the darker tone compliments the floors and table very well.

• Jess M
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    We got it from Craigslist so trying to find something less expensive than what they carry at the store :)
  • PRO
    Jess M ha ringraziato Astonia Stone Artisans
  • PRO
    Eleish van Breems
    7 anni fa

Upholstered side (4), Upholstered Arm (2). Choose a fabric that is light grey, or several shades down from what the wall color is. That way you bring in lightness, but don't have to paint the room. A wide stripe might be very nice and sheer, flat roman shades so you retain the outdoor light, but you have a finished window.

Jess M ha ringraziato Eleish van Breems
  • Carolina
    7 anni fa

Transitional Dining Room · Maggiori informazioni

I'd buy 6 (or 8? not sure how many you have room for) of the same chairs. The wood doesn't have to match the table.

Jess M ha ringraziato Carolina
  • er612
    7 anni fa

What an incredible find! Here are some options from Overstock:

Jess M ha ringraziato er612
  • visualizemaven
    7 anni fa

How someone let that table go, IDK! Good on you Jess!

I strongly recommend you sit in the chair before committing. It is so personal and you want to invest in chairs you can hang out in after a company dinner.

Also, as you can see from the above suggestions, you really do have several options for style and finish - all could work with your amazing table - it is about your personal taste and preference and how formal or casual you want to go. Take a nod from what is going on in the adjacent rooms.

I have cream colored leather with key hole back (similar to those pictured above in Beach House 11 photo) - actually from Pier I, on sale, so didn't break the bank! Have held up well, look great and are very easy to clean (don't have to worry at all about stains- well except maybe red wine!)

Let us know what you are leaning toward!

Jess M ha ringraziato visualizemaven
  • PRO
    User
    7 anni fa

Hi Jess! Congratulations on your incredible find! What do you think about pairing the table with these curvy, tufted dining chairs from Z Gallerie? For the wall color, I would go with a greige such as Sherwin-Williams' #7531 Canvas Tan. Buon Appetito! Wendi

inspiredinteriorsbywendi.com

Jess M ha ringraziato User
  • PRO
    Angelica Angeli ❤ Interior Design Journalist
    7 anni fa

Hey Jess, here are a few chairs from pictures of other designs by interior designers:

Urban Elegance On The Lakefront · Maggiori informazioni

Condo Renovation - Waterfront. · Maggiori informazioni

Luxury Lorne Park Reno · Maggiori informazioni

Jess M ha ringraziato Angelica Angeli ❤ Interior Design Journalist
  • anne dee
    7 anni fa

How about chairs in the Brno style?

Jess M ha ringraziato anne dee
  • ycity
    7 anni fa
    Would love to see MCM chairs in either white or a walnut color for this amazing table.
    Jess M ha ringraziato ycity
  • visualizemaven
    7 anni fa

I agree about white MCM chairs! I did a search and found a couple of chair options but the legs weren't exactly compatible with table base -IMO. That's why I didn't post pic............

Jess M ha ringraziato visualizemaven
  • Jw
    7 anni fa
    You may want to consider ghost chairs. We pair them with our live edge table. They don't hide any of the natural beauty. Just a thought.
    Jess M ha ringraziato Jw
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

I absolutely agree with jjwery recommendation for side ghost chairs. Do them in "smoke"

Pedrali Queen Chair, Translucent Smoke Gray, Set of 4 · Maggiori informazioni
    Then do something upholstered for the host/hostess chairs. Stop with the gray/black and try a beige/linen combo but do a black leg..

Maison Dining Chair · Maggiori informazioni

Jess M ha ringraziato JudyG Designs
  • Jess M
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions! I really appreciate it. Going chair shopping this weekend while everything is on sale :). We actually have ghost style chairs (calligaris ice chairs) in our kitchen dining room. I'll update this post when we've purchased the chairs and finished the room. Thanks again!

• Jess M
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    This is so hard!
  • PRO
    Lisa Aportela,ASID
    7 anni fa
    I love the idea of white ghost chairs with a beautiful wood table . If you want a fun look, try the ghost chairs . They are very low maintenance and always look brand new . Amazon.com has 4 for $239!!! It's a great deal! Best of luck! Lisa Aportela
  • PRO
    Lisa Aportela,ASID
    7 anni fa
    Or you can try a pair of benches on each side and some nice arm chairs on each end. That's also really nice . Best of luck! Lisa Aportela
  • mizsusan
    7 anni fa

What is the style of your home? LR, etc???

• Jess M
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    Here's a couple examples of our downstairs. Mix between daycare (lol)/contemporary. We like room & board, west elm, crate and barrel etc
  • Jess M
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

So we've decided on neither of the chairs in that picture. I don't think we want a bench. I think we will be chairless for a while because I'm so indecisive. Thanks all for the suggestions. Maybe we'll have more luck with the July 4th sales :P

• visualizemaven
    7 anni fa

Hey Jess - yes,this is a difficult decision!

How do you feel about this one: Note the back is wood, front is white leather? and legs metal - might be interesting?

https://www.allmodern.com/Jacque-Side-Chair-WADL3434-WADL3434.html

• visualizemaven
    7 anni fa

May I suggest different window treatments for your kitchen eating area? Right now, so much of the fencing, etc. is distracting from the beauty of your interior. Consider bottom up shades blinds. They will block unsightly views while still allowing in light and a nicer view from the top of the windows.

Best.

• Jess M
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

@visualizemaven - great suggestion! Never thought of that. @tedbixby - thank you. I definitely don't want to settle and we aren't in a rush. Everyone has such great suggestions, but it's hard to buy a chair online when you can't sit on it and feel it and see how good the construction is.

• Jess M
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    Ended up getting these chairs from Crate and Barrel. Found 1 at the outlet for half the price and going to check back periodically for another. Debating on end chairs still :)

Now I'm deciding on getting a mirror or doing a picture gallery at the end of the table.
  • visualizemaven
    7 anni fa

ok - I think the color of the chairs is good but the height of the the chair backs is off. Try pulling them away from the table if you are committed to keeping them. also, ground the entire room with a large rug.

What is your thinking regarding a chandelier? That will make a huge impact in pulling your room together.

IMO a picture gallery will not be desirable because it will just be more rectangle elements being introduced into the room. A better choice will be a very very very large dramatic mirror OR very very very big abstract colorful painting.

Due to the subdued vibe in the room, what you do with the focal point wall and chandelier is critical to the room being a success.

• Aglaya Lugo
    7 anni fa
    Hi Jess, since you have a kid I will suggest to go with a different material than fabric or one fabric you can clean easily and not too
    Light! :)
  • Ann
    7 anni fa

I really like your Crate and Barrel chair choice! Some of the earlier chairs you tried looked too tall. These are great!

• outshopping422
    7 anni fa

I love the chairs...and your table too. This pic reminds me of your room. The end chairs are Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams :)

• visualizemaven
    7 anni fa

Yikes! Are those Mitchell Gold end chairs actually that big or just look incredibly huge and unbalanced in the pic!?

Jess- are the chairs you purchased leather? If so, they are very cleanable. No worries; I know from experience!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".