Houzz Logo Print
brianwheeler

Great doors! How were they made?

brianwheeler
7 anni fa
Doors look like they're made from 1x6 t&g pine. How are the boards held together and made rigid? Thanks!
Fern Ridge Lake House · Maggiori informazioni

Commento (1)

• PRO
    STUDIO-E Architecture
    7 anni fa

The doors were built out of 19 pieces of left-over 2x6 T&G Select Hemlock-Fir decking from the roof/ceiling construction. The pieces were glued (clamped) together, then a 3/4" deep vertical kerf was cut into the back (the side that is not visible in the photos) a few inches from the two vertical edges of the door. The short leg of a 3/4" x 1" steel angle was inserted into the kerf; the 1" leg of the steel angle, laying flat against the wood, had 19 holes at 5.5" spacings, each hole with one screw into each of the 19 pieces of wood. Then the wheeled hardware was bolted to the top (close to the two steel angles, for most strength and durability).

brianwheeler ha ringraziato STUDIO-E Architecture
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".