Houzz Logo Print
rubydiffey

Need help on kitchen splashback area please!!

rubydiffey
7 anni fa

Hello, please could someone help us. We are adding finishing touches to our new kitchen and can't decide what colour tiles to use for aga splashback. We like the brick shape tiles......had originally thought of cream ones but will this look ok? Photo shows fake chimney breast in early stages. this will be painted same cream colour as walls with a white painted timber cornice around the bottom.

Should the splashback tiles be cream or grey like the floor or black like the aga top?

Views much appreciated. Thanks.

Commenti (5)

• PRO
    Kharis & Kale Interiors
    7 anni fa

Hi I think these country metro tiles would look great they come in a variety of shades of green and grey s you can mix them up. The finish is a slightly bumpy rustic texture that will go well with your arga. These are from walls and floors

https://www.wallsandfloors.co.uk/catrangetiles/wall-tiles/country-cottage-metro-tiles/moss-green-tiles/21701/

• PRO
    Modus Kitchens
    7 anni fa

Hi rubydiffey,

I agree with Kharis & Kale, a metro tile would be great using a couple of colours to create a pattern and some interest.

There is another company that uses a slightly different shaped tiles to create a pattern in the tiles. You could add a second colour to it too if you wanted.

http://www.rep-tiles.co.uk/

Let us know how you get on.

The team at Modus Kitchens

• Viv Bristow
    7 anni fa
    I love the exposed brick look. You can get brick slips so you put them on like tiles. I'm currently doing my kitchen and putting these in, am still looking for a company that has the right colour I'm going for. Your kitchen looks really good so far by the way!
  • bellalodge13
    7 anni fa
    Just for AGA cooker zone: classical creams, bottle green or deep forest green tiles (~aga colour) for elegant and practical touch.
    It is not for whole worktop zone!!!
  • PRO
    Simon Fink Kitchens
    7 anni fa

I'd be aiming to get at least a hint of green (but not as dark as the aga green) into the tiling but whatever you do, do not use black tiles! That would be a killer!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".