Houzz Logo Print
lbotfa

Alternative Options for Zebrawood cabinets?

lbotfa
8 anni fa

I am getting ready to have a new kitchen designed - and really like the look of Zebrawood for a modern contemporary finished product. I'm looking to have custom cabinets made. Preferably slab fronts, with no handles. Looking for an aesthetic option that might not be as polarizing as Zebrawood - but still offers the contrasting grain, relative commercial availability, and reasonable cost.

I found a photo of flat cut walnut that looks appealing:

Thoughts or suggestions??

Commenti (12)

• User
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

The reconstituted veneer that you pictured is as affordable as it gets. Beware of the many people in the market that will call themselves custom without being at the level that you mentally associate with that label. You'd be better off going with a major manufacturer like Henrybuilt. You can be assured of quality and longevity with that type of choice. Other "custom" makers won't provide thst level of quality. Or, if they do, they would actually cost more.

• lbotfa
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

And another that I found appealing

• User
    8 anni fa

You want a darn expensive look. No way around it for cost cutting that won't involve disappointment or poor quality.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 anni fa

I love the Brokhult from Ikea for this look and at a decent price and tons of options

• PRO
    Wendt Design Group
    8 anni fa

If you are using the Ikea cabinets, make sure you use the Ikea installers. Our clients used his painters to install the Ikea cabinets and it took much longer to get the kitchen completed

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 anni fa

They also want to improve the way they are installed and there is no improvemnt needed . I will tell you they are not that bad to DIY if you have patience

• gustaruygers
    8 anni fa
    I wanted that same expensive look you like and compromised with bamboo cabinets. You can pick vertical or horizontal grain direction to your liking . Love the result.
  • lbotfa
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

I've looked at Bamboo... and I like it. Which brand of cabinets did you use...? any info you can provide would be helpful. Thanks!

• Terri Henderson
    8 anni fa

I like the grain laid horizontal. I think it's beautiful.

• PRO
    Wendt Design Group
    8 anni fa
    We found a brand a called Crystal that made a great looking and well priced horizontal bamboo cabinet in a variety of stain colors . It was sold input part of the country through a showroom called Factory Builders .
  • acm
    8 anni fa

You can also look at the Latitude line at Lowes, which has a lot of these semi-artificial wood-look finishes at very reasonable prices. They feel very solid and nice.

(Look at the laminates at the bottom of this page.) They have some finishes that evoke the zebrawood with a milder effect, bamboo, and some nice sort of weathered-barn looks, and you can combine them with other finishes (like a textured white, or glossy gray) to temper the overall feel a bit too.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".