Houzz Logo Print
sej103

Child bedroom wall design under alcove?

sej103
8 anni fa
Hello! I need help to make the space above my daughter's bed look magical. Her bed is under a sloping ceiling and I'm wondering how to deal with this for maximum effect. Do you have any ideas to help me and my daughter make this space beautiful? Thank you.

Commenti (12)

• PRO
    Kharis & Kale Interiors
    8 anni fa

A simple idea would be to paint the ceiling alcove area a deep navy colour like the night sky and hang a net of fairy lights across to represent the stars. If you don't want fairy lights then you could paint on gold or silver stars with a stencil. Cole and sons do a wallpaper with stars. Also you could use wall stickers on the wall to create a magical space like this one from icon stickers there are lots on amazon too. It all depends on what your daughter likes

• PRO
    JMW Interiors
    8 anni fa

You don't say how old your daughter is or what she likes but generally children love to have their own spaces to feel safe in, play and make up fantasy worlds. I would keep the colours light, with a white or jasmine white ceiling as it will feel bigger. Could the hooks for the clothing be moved to a door? If so you could also add shelving on the wall at the foot of the bed to store books and favourite things. You could use a pretty wallpaper or mural on the back wall - get your daughter to help choose this - there is a fantastic range out there so you will easily find something she loves and that is within budget. Hang matching curtains across the front of the space to make it feel cosy and private when pulled. Soft cushions and favourite toys will complete the look and make it her own.

• sej103
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Oh she's nearly 8 and a bit of a tom boy really. I should also probably have mentioned that this room is also shared with her younger 5 year old sister, who is more of a princess girl. I had hoped to create some symmetry in the room so ideally I need to find a balance that works for both girls. Wall art stickers could work well. Thanks!
  • Zina Ustinov
    8 anni fa

We used a wildlife wallpaper for our pair of tom-boy/princess daughters. It was the easiest way to make room for love of pink/blue/green. And they love it ;)

• sej103
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    :-) I'm not the only battling the Tom Boy and Princess combo then! Good idea with the wallpaper. Thanks
  • maria galvano
    8 anni fa
    love Janets suggestion for a little girl and brings depth and a magical feel to a little space gorgeous
  • msclelluk
    8 anni fa
    Why not paint a mural above either alcove wall, you could find inspiration online in their favourite books & copy/tweak it, the girls could help you too - it would certainly define their spaces & the rest of the room could be more neutral.
  • sam irwin
    8 anni fa
    Thought this looked sweet too
  • sej103
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Oh those are very pretty, thank you :-)
  • lindalovie55
    8 anni fa

decorate wall with tree and leaves type paper or stickers, to resemble being in a treehouse

• Vanadis Ward
    8 anni fa
    This might not work but you could consider curtaining off the alcove to create either a secret den / enchanted forest or a theatre/ stage set. I looked at that space and immediately thought 'showtime' (sadly not conducive to sleep!)
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".