Houzz Logo Print
sparkles_219213

Need help with Render and moulding colours

Sarah
8 anni fa
I'm building my first home and I'm really struggling to pick up the colours for the render and the mouldings. We are thinking of using paperbark (colorbond) for the moulding to match with the Windows and the render to be double strength paperbark. I have attached a photo of the front elevation showing how the facade looks like. The brick color we have used is called Musket haze from Selkirk (see photo). If anyone could suggest anything that would be great. Thanks

Commenti (11)

• User
    8 anni fa

Bump

• PRO
    MB Design & Drafting
    8 anni fa

Brickwork looks great.

However can't say I'm keen on the Paperbark for windows, etc.

Do you have a limited palette to chose from for window frames or is almost any colour available?

• Sarah
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    This is the actual color of the window and brick next to each (bricks have not been cleaned yet) I believe the two colours look good together but I'm unsure what color to do the render and the mouldings around the window. Could anyone suggest anything?
  • PRO
    MB Design & Drafting
    8 anni fa

Actually looks quite ok.

Paperbark usually looks very yellow. Hence my hesitation of using it!

Your initial suggestions may be fine.

• Lisa G
    8 anni fa
    Hi Sarah
    I absolutely think what you have suggested is perfect. I love Paperbark for the mouldings and the double strength for render. The brick you chose is awesome.
    I think you've got it sorted.
    How exciting!
    All the best.
    Regards
    Lisa
    PS. I love the elevation.
  • PRO
    professional rendering
    8 anni fa
    https://www.instagram.com/professionalrendering/ hi using double strength paperbark may be not enough to see difference specially from far and using polystyrene is a great choice all the best
  • Sarah
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Thanks everyone for all your suggestions, I really appreciate it. I got a sample pot of the double strength paperbark and I think I'm going to go with it for the render. Hopefully it turns out alright.
  • bramelmartin
    6 anni fa

Hi Sarah, how did it turn out. I also have paperbark windows and have been trying to work out what colour render to use. Mel

• Juan Rivera
    6 anni fa

Hi Sarah,

can I ask you where did you built?

I want to used musket haze bricks but I am not sure yet.

I would like to have a look a house with this brick and you may be able to help me out.

Thanks

• PRO
    Art Crete Heritage Plastering
    6 anni fa
    the latest popularity trends that are coming across my quotes seem to be dark. Paperbark is not a bad neutral but lacks Zing perhaps try it with Colorbond stone for the render. I have used this colour combination in two colour external walls and they seem to fit well
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".