Houzz Logo Print
hollyhock3

transforming this space

hollyhock3
8 anni fa
Hi....did you have to do a lot of work to transform this space into what it is now? This looks like a country property with a simple yet landscaped look. I really like the simplicity of this.....back to nature type of thing. Well done.
Backyard Bliss · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (2)

• PRO
    Wright Landscape Services Inc
    8 anni fa

The plants did most of the work. The border on the right filled in nicely. There is a privacy screen with very healthy vines growing on it that forms the large mass. The hostas below create contrast in texture and colour. Once perennial borders grow to this stage, there is very little maintenance that needs to be done, except cutting back in spring or fall.

• hollyhock3
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Thank you! I'm at the stage now where I need to decide if I need heavy machinery or not to landscape the soil. I have a natural pond with nesting birds right now and I want to replace the tall weeds/with burs and plant a meadow beside the pond. We are thinking about pulling 2 acres of burs with tap roots while the ground is soft then cultivate and add old manure then spread the seeds in mid-May. Does this sound right?
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".