Houzz Logo Print
jenhart38

How many is TOO much! Hardwood floors and color choices!

jenhart38
8 anni fa

I am replacing the carpet in my bedroom and would like to do a hardwood. The office is attached to my bedroom and therefore three different floors would come together visually. I am not against replacing the office flooring so it is the same as the bedroom floor, however, the wood paneled walls are making it impossible to find a floor. I do not want the same floor as current light colored office floor in my bedroom. I feel it looks dated with the smaller planks. What are some options for the wood color in the office/bedroom? I think doing a third floor and being seen together might look mismatched. Opinion on that as well? Thank you!

Commenti (2)

• PRO
    Heritage Carpet & Flooring
    8 anni fa

I would suggest that you make the bedroom flooring and office flooring, at the very least, the same. Try to find a wood that has a lot of color variation to tie in the light of the paneling with the dark of the hallway. Something like Brazilian Cherry.

Inspiration · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    8 anni fa

If you MUST have multiple hardwoods inside of 3 linear feet, at least choose ONE to duplicate. You will have 3 floors but 2 will match. Either use more of the dark (perfect match) or more of the light. It will still look "odd". It will still look "mismatched". It will still look "hodge podge" but there is no help for it. This is what happens when you add different woods to existing wood floors. It look odd, hodge-podge, mismatched.

If you want a third hardwood, then work with SOLID hardwood with a SITE FINISH. That way, in 10 years when you are sick and tired of 3 wood floors sitting next to one another, you can remove the "other 2" and lay in more of the solid hardwood. You can stain to match. Now you have ONE FLOOR in a matching colour! Done!

By doing it this way, you will have "fixed" the first two mistakes...which is why having 2 hardwoods in the same area is considered a design "no-no". Adding a third hardwood inside of 3 linear feet is not a great design choice. If you must do it, then bite the bullet, purchase expensive solid hardwood and have it site finished. That way you have a way of fixing the first two mistakes some time in the future.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".