Houzz Logo Print
niamh_mccartney

Kitchen splashback - how many lines of tile

peony grace
8 anni fa
Have had his kitchen made. The tile has been chosen for the splashback. We were not sure how many lines of tile to use. 1 line is too small I think? Only issue is that 2 lines sees the tile coming up just over the floating shelf line which I think will look odd and Kill the effect of the floating shelf.
Option 1 is the tiler cuts the tile to come just under it, so the splashback stops where the shelf starts. Option 2 is tile the whole wall but I think the shelf looks better against a plain painted background and that will expensive and be too much on the eye.

So re: option 1: should he cut it to just meet where the shelf starts or do you think it should be cut to stop a couple of cm before the shelf starts? How high up should I go? I really don't want to interfere with the effect of the floating tile.

Thanks!

Commenti (19)

• peony grace
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Or maybe 1 line of tile is sufficient?
  • Stefani Leigh
    8 anni fa
    My opinion (according to the pic):
    Tile should go to right under the shelf and the center, in between the shelves, should be tiled to the ceiling. Just the center section tiled that runs in between the shelves.. It brings the focal point up and follows the shelves.. But that is just my opinion. ☺
  • peony grace
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Forgot to add, the countertop is brushed stainless steel
  • akcathy
    8 anni fa
    If it's in the budget the whole wall would be fantastic!
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 anni fa

IMO one row is sufficient I would not tile the whole it will be way too busy once the shelves are filled.

• peony grace
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Oh I do really like the idea of tiling the whole wall with a plainer tile option, but I loved the detail on this tile vs the plain and metallic elements already in the kitchen and have already ordered it (special order, no return).
  • dassie4
    8 anni fa
    If you really like the tile then I'd do one line of this and then pick a plainer tile to go with rest of the wall
  • uptoolate
    8 anni fa

I would order more and tile to the ceiling, it is really pretty tile. I don't think it will be too busy especially if you keep the items in the shelf simple such as white and clear glass. I think running just a stripe across the bottom will appear busier.

• User
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

Is that where your stove is? Calculate if you have enough to do up between the shelves just behind the stove to the ceiling. And I like just one row across the bottom...

• RubyRoses
    8 anni fa
    Tile the whole wall with your pretty tile as an accent.
  • RubyRoses
    8 anni fa
    It could make a nice border up near the ceiling, but inset between plainer tiles.
  • peony grace
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Was thinking to do one line and then paint elephants breath? Few other warm white options up on the wall too....
  • peony grace
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    Would you go with light grey (it's Vintage Silver) or the darker grey tone (Grey Wolf) behind the shelves? Wanted to pick out one of the colours from the splash back but not sure which way to go.....
  • PRO
    AlenaCDesign
    7 anni fa

Hello Niamh, I like the tiles you chose.And I think it will work great if you will tile from counter top up to the bottom line of shelves. I wouldn't leave any gaps as at the last picture. Bring tiles up to where start shelves and the wall above paint in light grey. When you finish add some warm colours as accents on shelves, to brighten the place up!

• peony grace
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa
    Hi and thanks for the tip. Unfortunately the tiling is done now. It was a bit of a disaster and the tiles were special order so we are stuck with it for now. But I think light grey is what I'm preferring too.
  • Kittihawke
    7 anni fa
    I think the wolf grey could be stunning
  • PRO
    AlenaCDesign
    7 anni fa

I have a nice diy idea if you will decide to fix this gap between tiles and shelves. Buy stainless steel self adhesive film or panel and cut it to the gap size. It will be a nice decorative trim, especially your counter top is stainless steel and you have silver tile border (if I see it right on your pic). Hope it will help!

• uptoolate
    7 anni fa

The tile is very pretty. I don't know if it is just the colours showing up differently on screen but the light grey appears to be a different tone (more purple to me) than your tile. If you want a light grey I would take the tile to the store and try for a better match. The dark color ties in nicely to the tile and could be very dramatic and stunning if the room gets a lot of light.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".