Houzz Logo Print
bevmarb

split exterior

bevmarb
8 anni fa

anyone have a simple idea for updating exterior of a split?

Paint siding, and brick one color, paint shutters different color and remove columns, change door?

Commenti (7)

• PRO
    Sativa McGee Designs
    8 anni fa

Please do not remove the columns: they are the only thing giving the house character and dimension.

Remove the shutter located on brick but leave them on the top level.

Leave brick as is

Paint the upper portion: SW7016 and keep the red shutters

Paint the upper portion: SW 6229 and paint shutter to match columns

Paint upper portion: SW6175 and paint shutters SW6147

• bevmarb
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Thanks I love the 6229 Tempe star color for exterior with white shutters I think it will look great.

• PRO
    Fairfax & Sammons Architects
    8 anni fa
    build a porch on the front, disguise the split ranch appearance. I can send you a photo of what I did to one
    bevmarb ha ringraziato Fairfax & Sammons Architects
  • bevmarb
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

would like to see photo with porch. Thanks,

• decoenthusiaste
    8 anni fa

I'd like to see all the stick-on faux shutters gone, the trim beefed up and painted, along with the brick and siding, and a contemporary front door instead of the classic colonial style. Remove the classical columns and create a more contemporary porch. Then redo the landscaping.

Mid-Century Modern Atlanta · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
    Sativa McGee Designs
    8 anni fa

Please do not take the previous advise: don't ruin the few good colonial homes because you want a simple blank slate blah home.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".