Houzz Logo Print
kdreese2004

Need backsplash ideas please!

kdreese2004
8 anni fa

I am having a hard time deciding on a backsplash for my kitchen. Some have suggested travertine tile; however, some of the travertine tiles I've seen remind me of an outdated or old kitchen. Some Mosaics may look too much with this granite too? I'm at a loss. Please help!

Microwave is now above the stove.

Commenti (13)

• PRO
    Heritage Carpet & Flooring
    8 anni fa

How about Dal's "Artigiano" series. Looks like hand made tiles so it adds some interest but not too busy. Here's link: http://products.daltile.com/series.cfm?series=462

• kdreese2004
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

Not a huge fan of that tile....

• kdreese2004
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Any suggestions on color & size?

• PRO
    TileWorks
    8 anni fa
    The 3 x 6 usually fits the best imo. Like this one I did in the picture . I like staggered but You can also run it herringbone which is popular choice.
  • acm
    8 anni fa

yeah, I'd stay away from the marble herringbone, as I think it would feel too busy with your counters. but a simple subway tile in white (given your white appliances) could be run in herringbone for a little subtle interest.

Kelly and Abramson Kitchens · Maggiori informazioni

Traditional Home Renovation · Maggiori informazioni

• mountie
    8 anni fa
    If you're going to use a plain light tile, I think your walls need a different color paint for some contrast. Something deeper or more vibrant. Otherwise the kitchen is very brown/beige/blah.
  • User
    8 anni fa

Pale salmon subway tile? to pick up the salmon hue in your marble and accent your wood that has reddish tints.

• lilyanddaisy
    8 anni fa
    Wow the photos that acm provided look like some great options for your kitchen! Those subway tile designs could really elevate your kitchen from nice to awesome. And they are surprisingly subtle. Good luck!
  • PRO
    Shelley Sass Designs
    8 anni fa

i think a white subway tile would look awesome either staggered or run herringbone

• jhmarie
    8 anni fa

I am working on the same type of decision. You are right to keep it simple. With movement in the cabinets (because of the grain) and movement in the countertop, the backsplash needs to be simple or there will be too much movement. I am looking at a white or cream subway tile. I will wait till the counters go in to make a final decision. You can get both white and cream subway tile at a home center store, very inexpensive, and put together your own sample boards to see which goes best. I have similar white trim and wall color. (pics in my idea book) I am concerned the white will be too much contrast for me, but not sure about the cream either. Both match my sample countertop. Since my countertops are not in yet I am still deciding. I may do something with a little bit of color over the stove.

I am thinking of something like this:

White Tile Backsplash · Maggiori informazioni

• Tiffany Henderson
    8 anni fa
    I would suggest the Crema Marfil mini brick tile.
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".