Houzz Logo Print
luckyme7

Will 10*20 deck be too narrow?

luckyme7
8 anni fa

Our buildable area will allow the deck to be only 10 feet out from the house. It can be as wide as the house. We are thinking of putting a 10*20 deck. Will it be too narrow? If so we would need to skip the deck and put down a patio instead.

Commenti (5)

• millworkman
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

Tough to tell without a picture of some sort of the house and the yard.

• User
    8 anni fa

Kinda depends on how you want to use the space. And, would a patio be wider? If you want space for multiple chairs/furniture in a row, sounds perfect. If you want groups of furniture, not so great.

• jrb451
    8 anni fa

Why not play around with those dimensions on a CAD program and see.

• PRO
    Greensward LLC
    8 anni fa

I don't think the proportions sound very pleasing for a typical home deck. It will feel much more like a long balcony than a deck where folks can gather in a circle and have conversation. The two corners allow small conversation areas, but that is a lot of space between. If you have a great view then a row of rocking chairs or adirondack chairs will work great and feel good with room to walk behind them (like at a beach or mountain lodge). I would suggest a 10x12 where a small conversation area and maybe a grill could be created, but use the deck primarily as a transition to patio below. The patio can become the space where larger groups gather, the dinning table is set, and the fire pit is stoked. Pics are need for better advise. Good Luck

• grubby_AZ Tucson Z9
    8 anni fa

I think ten feet will seem cramped, but if you open up the other dimension it can ameliorate that feeling. I just put in recently an 11 1/2 foot patio cover at the back of the house where there were some heavy duty constraints about going deeper (silly things like trees and rocks and dragons), and the more we stewed over it the more it bothered us. We decided to go the full house width and it completely changed the entire gestalt of the project. It feels like we're in a nearly different place. Play with your plans, and ask people who are over to look at your sketches. You may find a better layout.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".