Houzz Logo Print
lmlibutti

Window Treatment dilemma

Lisa Libutti
8 anni fa
I have a family room with French doors which are in the center of two windows. The French doors are lower than the Windows by about 14 inches. I was considering using one long rod across and adding semi sheers to the outside of the Windows and between the French doors and windows. If I wanted to close I could.
I am unsure as to how to treat these three and my goal is to add warmth and color to the room. I don't need much privacy and I prefer to keep an open feeling to the room. The other issue is the room is very open and in the kitchen there are three Windows. So do I treat that area the same as the family room?
My rooms are very neutral and some color would be great!

Commenti (5)

• PRO
    flair lighting
    8 anni fa

roman shades, they will look cute pulled up .

Lisa Libutti ha ringraziato flair lighting
  • lefty47
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

HI -- Add a wood panel (header) on the French doors to the level of the windows . Paint the trims and new header the same color as the wall and paint the doors a black and maybe even the inside of the windows such as the grills (mullions) if possible . Have the rod hung at the ceiling level for all the windows with full height drapes . Have draw drapes across the French door wall and windows full from side to side . You could just have roman style shades in the bay but they should be the same fabric and color as the drapes .

Lisa Libutti ha ringraziato lefty47
  • Judy Mishkin
    8 anni fa

so many of the same post....

• PRO
    3 Blind Mice Window Coverings, Inc.
    8 anni fa

I would suggest adding shutters to give the room some warmth and let some light in. Arched shutters are especially nice for irregularly shaped windows like your top half round window.

http://3blindmiceusa.com/woodcore-vinyl-shutters/

Lisa Libutti ha ringraziato 3 Blind Mice Window Coverings, Inc.
  • PRO
    Selectblinds
    8 anni fa

I would suggest to install a window treatment in each window.

Cellular shades would be very nice, they would provide privacy and filter the light into the room, creating a beautiful glow. The arch at the top is beautiful and I would leave it uncovered. However, if you did want to cover it, a matching cellular shade can be made.

http://www.selectblinds.com/cellularshades/select-double-cell-light-filtering-shades.html

Sheer Shades would also look great! You can lift them all the way up for an unobstructed view, or tilt the slats open much like a blind. This type of shade is very versatile and offers various degrees of privacy.

http://www.selectblinds.com/sheershades/lightfiltering-sheer-shades.html

Lisa Libutti ha ringraziato Selectblinds
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".