Houzz Logo Print
joyjoyce47

Is this flower arrangement right for this kitchen island?

joyjoyce47
8 anni fa

Yes
No

Commenti (15)

• PRO
    Minnkota Windows
    8 anni fa

I think the height is a bit tall and the flowers are wonderful. Open space is very important for the nature light.

joyjoyce47 ha ringraziato Minnkota Windows
  • PRO
    Imperial Flooring Inc.
    8 anni fa

The flowers are tall- Maybe switch them around with the ones on the round table?

joyjoyce47 ha ringraziato Imperial Flooring Inc.
  • PRO
    Bilgart Design
    8 anni fa

The whole arrangement needs to be lower. Out that down on the floor next to a console or something...........

joyjoyce47 ha ringraziato Bilgart Design
  • joyjoyce47
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Thank you so much....I will go with something lower. What do you thin of this?

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Calla-Lily-Set-of-12/9665378/product.html

• PRO
    Bilgart Design
    8 anni fa

Still too tall. BUT you could cut those calla lilies to 5-6 " an bunch them close together in a cubed 6"x6"x6" or say a 4"x 6"x 6"rectangular glass vessel and have a very cool unusual arrangement- Perhaps surrounded by their leaves?

Really on an island, you do not want something that could or looks like it could topple over, or something that obstructs the view.

• joyjoyce47
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

I was inspired by photos like this from HGTV...but it seems that most people are not in favor of tall settings on kitchen island

http://www.hgtv.com/remodel/kitchen-remodel/kitchen-island-tables

• PRO
    Bilgart Design
    8 anni fa

Yes, but you have a more narrow island. I still think it disturbs the view, and thus feels odd, but at least on that big island it can be positioned in the middle, so no one can knock it over :-)

• joyjoyce47
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

that makes sense Bilgart Designs!

• ecpt
    8 anni fa

Too tall.

joyjoyce47 ha ringraziato ecpt
  • otisanna
    8 anni fa

Overstock choice still too tall and looks too formal for the kitchen. Lower and wider. Consider using a mix, so arrangement looks natural, picking up the natural colors of the kitchen.

• PRO
    Modwalls Tile
    8 anni fa

A lovely wide glass bowl filled with citrus fruit would be inviting and add more color to the space.

• SewingLadyDi
    8 anni fa

I agree Modwalls Tile. Something low (& not too wide)would work better

• mjbacon
    6 anni fa

I like the idea but it is a trifle too tall. I have a 24" wine glass (not for drinking) on my counter with an ancient bottle of good wine sitting in it & hanging over the side is a bunch of fake purple grapes. Everyone goes ape over this.

• lmfi
    6 anni fa

A little wider clear glass vase would be more adequate.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".