Houzz Logo Print
tanim5

Seeking Experts' advise for my living room

tanim5
8 anni fa
Please let me know how I can add some yellow pop or any other that would look glam and elegant in my living! It is an open concept living, kitchen and sunroom! I was thinking about doing pleated curtain in between five bay windows in the living and having stream line valances in the same fabric in other windows of this open space! see some fabrics I found in a local custom curtain store)! What do you think should I do the window treatments or just skip it! I want to keep the decor like a transitional one than traditional or too contemporary! Please let me what do you think! I am open with anything accents wise, just bought the living room furnitures, so they are gonna stay! Thank you so much all in advance!

Commenti (4)

• PRO
    Rethink Design Studio
    8 anni fa

Fabric options 2 and 3 that you have hanging are a great way to bring a nice mustard into the space. Make sure your curtain rod is installed halfway between top of the window trim and bottom of the crown moulding, ideally in an oil rubbed bronze finish. As for bringing in more mustard / yellow accents, you could use a nice wool throw over your leather sofa and perhaps a mustard yellow kidney pillow on your lounge chair. Hope this helps!

• PRO
    User
    8 anni fa

I would strongly advise you to go for roman shades. definitely no to any cheap looking fabrics from the 80s. you already have nice and elegant looking room. so I would go the grey/silver colour of the shades.

• PRO
    User
    8 anni fa

also I would use 2 big mirrors on each side of the fireplace similar to http://sainteriordesignstoronto.com/fire-to-the-rain.html

get rig of the ceiling fan

black and white print next to the door.

black coffee table

• PRO
    Monaca Brown Design Co.
    8 anni fa

Keep in mind that you have a lot going on in this space. It might be pattern overload if you decide to go with the busier curtains. I like the throw/pillow suggestion that Rethink Design Studio gave. Maybe a consider a subtler pattern for the curtains, a solid fabric or just shades.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".